We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Question: Off Roading Physics

crazy4bmws

It seems to me that whenever I accelerate offroad, I always spin out - I can't do mild acceleration because I am playing with a keyboard -. So it occurred to me that certain parameters of a vehicle would effect it's offroad handling. Such as all wheel drive, weight, gears, final drive ratio, torque, braking hp, etc. So what are the perfect off roader performance stats? I'm sure I could just go to Wikipedia and find stats, but those won't necessarily be effective in TDU.

You'd be much better off if you weren't using a keyboard or button to control your movement. A wheel would help immensley without changing any physics.

The best cars for offroading of course are the 4WD/AWD ones, such as the Audi RS4 or Lamborghini's

I recently was playing with a friend's Xbox controller and that seemed to have better plug and play functionality than my Logitech. I'm skeptical about buying a wheel because I am using my uber-fast school computer and have to keep it at my desk during class. I'm getting effective results with modding 2wd cars and making them 4wd. I just have to trial and error other performance stats to get better results.