We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

DLCs 108s?

TimBud

Are the DLC going to be "108s"?

I'm seeing an increasing number of hacked cars, whether they're partly finished or finished.

A couple of Bristols and FXXs, 458s... etc

It going to be real annoying if we're charged for what is already in game (in some form) especially if so many people are taking them for nadda.

I'm not talking about the PC version here, because hacking goes on there no matter what.

But the consoles should be more secure/mangeable and as far as I can make out this game has been hacked/modded (on the 360) more than any other I've played. :-x

I'm happy to pay more money for new content, but to pay for something that is nothing more than an unlock code is going to be pretty stale imo.

The pre-order cars are one thing because the most efficient way to release them is via an unclock, so I paid for them. :eek:

FXX is a club car so it won't be a DLC (unless they decide to make the Club Cars available as DLC).

About the 458, I hope it will be added in a patch so that we don't have to pay for it. It'd be kinda dumb if we had to pay for it as the PC and PS3 players have it and only after the release it was found out that it wasn't in the X360 version.

There probably will still be some 108s as there are many unused car files in the games data folder. Too bad :(

And what's a bristol :hmmm:

Future DLC's will be proper content, not just unlock keys. (I took a peak inside one of the 360 DLC files, and I kid you not, it's a .txt file with ONE line of text (presumably the unique code to that DLC file). Rip off? Hell yeah.

Not seen any Bristols, seen a few hot rods, a bucket load of 458's and a fair few painted club cars. I have to agree I've never played a game so openly exploited as this one, sits nicely along side the hilariously long bug list.

Removing people who hacked (if you can really call it that) money or cars is going to dent the player base dramatically. I know a few folks who acquired some money without racing, but this was on their 4th or 5th play through after various legitimate play throughs were ended by Atari's awful save corruption error back before the patch.

So once they've banned 75% of my friends I'm not going to be having much fun anymore, so I'll go elsewhere and buy their actual DLC.