We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Headset

Beav

Hello.

I am kind of getting sick of cheap £10 headsets either being to quiet or breaking on me. Time to spend a bit more and get a better headset. I don't want to go over £25 as I have limited money at the moment. I have heard turtle beaches are good headsets and I can find the X11's on eBay (grade b) with in my price range. I am aware there are also other good brands.

Please recommend away~

Thanks

If you're going to get one, you might as well get a good one. I'm happy with my Turtle Beach DX11's. Granted they will cost you around $100, they work with PC, Xbox 360, and PS3. The standard X11's are the same as the DX11's just without the DSS amp that transforms 5.1 into 7.1. That box itself costs $80. I think the standard X11's are around $50 give or take.

Never been a fan of headphones, plus yes they often break. I have some Sennheiser earphones which have good sound, I got them for $70AUD, but I use them more for music when going to work instead of gaming, since I have 5.1 surround sound connected to my PC.

Plantronics Gamecom 367. Shouldn't be too high for your price range, great quality, stereo mic. Only problem is cold weather durability, They're made mainly from ABS plastic, which will tense up in cold weather and snap easily (my last set snapped this way, but it was -35 celcius that day, doubt it gets that cold where you are)

Never been a fan of headphones, plus yes they often break. I have some Sennheiser earphones which have good sound, I got them for $70AUD, but I use them more for music when going to work instead of gaming, since I have 5.1 surround sound connected to my PC.

Yeah but he is after a headset not just headphones. Being generally rtr.gifrtr.gifrtr.gifrtr.gif and breaking all the time is still relevant though. I have never invested a lot in a gaming headset and still use the standard Xbox one, rock on.

Wanted to see what all the fuss is about with turtle beaches (or the equivalent) and COD, lol. I have 2.1 speaker system for my PC which is good and I can link this to my TV/xbox if I want. I have heard of a mate that a good gaming headset can be just as good sound quality as a £200 speaker system