We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

CALLING ALL AUSSIE MEMBERS - WTAC 2014 - be there or be a 4 cornered, 4 sided, 90º angled shape!

Guest MrLolololXD

Guest MrLolololXD

Alright you fellow Australian TDUCK forum members, we're gonna have a bit of a meet-up at this years World Time Attack Challenge over the 17-19th of October!

The plan is to get as many of us together in one spot, Sydney Motorsport Park, as possible for a meet and greet, a good weekend of time attack and drift racing and no doubts a few good cruises, maybe even a short cruise out to Mount Panorama. :)

FAQ's from the official WTAC website about the event:

STAYING IN SYDNEY FAQ

How far away is the Sydney Motorsport Park from the Sydney CBD?

Sydney Motorsport Park is located 37km west of the Sydney CBD and approx 48km from the Sydney Airport.

What’s the closest suburb to the Sydney Motorsport Park?

Blacktown (9km), Rooty Hill (10km) or Mt Druitt (10.5km)

Can I use public transport to get to the Sydney Motorsport Park?

Our advice is to take a City Rail train to Blacktown and then a taxi (Premier Cabs 131 017) to the track. Busways buses also operate from the Blacktown station. We are planning to have a shuttle bus operating from the Blacktown train station this year – check our website for updates.

Where can I get a City Rail and Busways timetables?

The City Rail timetable is available online at www.cityrail.info. To find Blacktown train station, select the “Western Line”. Busways timetable is available at www.busways.com.au.

What’s the best place to book accommodation at?

Arguably the best place to stay while attending WTAC is the Chifley Hotel. It’s right next door to the track and literally a 5 minute walk from the entry gate. It does, however, get booked out early, and we’re told it’s already fully booked for this year’s event.

There are plenty of hotels, motels and rooms available in the surrounding suburbs, Blacktown, Mt Druitt, Rooty Hill or Parramatta that are reasonably priced and within a short distance to the track. The accommodation tends to get more expensive the closer to the Sydney CBD (further away from the track) you get. A good place to start is our own WTAC Accommodation Guide.

What if we want to hire a car?

Car hire is a great option, especially if you’re travelling with a group. It gets you to and from the track and allows you the flexibility of exploring Sydney without being dependent on the public transport.

Sydney Airport has offices from all the major car hire companies, or you can book online: Budget, Hertz, Thrifty, Europcar, Avis.

STAY TUNED TO THIS THREAD FOR MORE UPDATES AS WE GET CLOSER TO THE EVENT

At the moment I'm trying to organise a cruise up to Sydney on either Thursday the 16th (most likely option) so we arrive in time to see Friday's events, or, leave on Friday the 17th to be there for the start of Saturday's events, from the south east of Melbourne. Feel free to discuss your own arrangement/cruise/pre-meet ideas if you are coming from another state below!

So far, including myself, we have 3 TDUCK members attending, me from Melbourne, _Pr0phecy from NSW and BioHazard from SA.

We also extend the invitation to any friends or mates you know who may be interested in tagging along for a meet-up or cruise. I'm also personally extending the invitation to both the Victorian and NSW Supra clubs aswell and you are welcomed to do so with any other car clubs you may be affiliated with.

Feel free to post and discuss below, if anybody has any questions relating to this, once again feel free to post them below or PM me. Also, add me on the Book of Faces and if I don't already know who you are, shoot me a message so I can keep track of who's interested :p

Once again, stay tuned to this thread for updates as things get sorted and ironed out!

***if you are interested and will need to take time off work/school to attend, I highly recommend discussing this with your employer/school/parents now about taking the 17th of October and possibly also the 16th and 20th off depending on where you will be coming from***

More info about the event here: World Time Attack Challenge | 17th 19th October, Sydney Motorsport Park, Australia

Event Schedule: Event Schedule | World Time Attack Challenge

Guest MrLolololXD

Too bad ^ Gonna be a great weekend if your plans change Ryzza

Got a couple of other people onboard for the cruise up from Melbourne, we will be leaving early on Thursday the 16th with an arrival time in Sydney of between 5-7pm, depending on how long we stop for lunch etc.

Any other members from Victoria interested in the drive up from Melbourne, or to meetup in Sydney? Or with other people from your states to cruise in also? Tom? Other lurkers from Australia?

If you're going to cruise up north do it properly and avoid the Hume Fwy this side of the border. Head up to Healesville, Mansfield, Whitfield (tarmac rally stage through King Valley), then up towards Albury. Seriously, the road from Mansfield to Whitfield is one of the best I have ever driven, and I've driven everything within a day trip of my place, including the Great Alpine Road.

Healesville-Kinglake Rd to Hume Motorway - Google Maps

Roads between points A & B and C & D are the highlights. If you're pace is good (bring a satnav to see upcoming corners like playing a game) you will hardly lose any time compared to the freeway.