We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

New to TDU Modding: Couple of Questions

OfficerJohnson

Hello all!

Forgive me if I put this thread in the wrong section. It seemed like it would fall under SUPPORT.

Okay, so, to start, I loved playing TDU2 on Xbox 360 and later PC. I was heartbroken when Atari finally decided to end support for the MP. I've been searching for ways to get that TDU2 feel back again, and now I've come to this. So, I'm going to try and be as clear as possible in this post so you can provide with the proper assistance. Sorry if I ramble or am not clear enough.

Okay, so my main interest is to run Project Paradise, as this is supposedly how we can play this game online and enter multiplayer. My second interest is to modify the vehicles that will appear in my garage. Back on TDU2, I used to love driving around in the unobtainable Dodge Charger Police cars and the Oahu variant of the Ibiza Police Viper. Back on console and PC, there were ways to do this via gamesave modding and external tools. My third interest is to ask specific questions about Project Paradise and about Gamespy IDs.

1) So the mod we use to play in Multiplayer is what I've come to understand as Project Paradise? Are there any other mods I need to know about or is that the base one? My goal here is to enter the MP of TDU as it's the closest thing I can obtain right now to TDU2's.

2) So, there was mention in another video about Gamespy. I did extensive research on this and found that Gamespy is no longer a thing. Is it true that a Gamespy ID is required to get PROJECT PARADISE to work? Is there any other way to do this or am I, as they say, S.O.L?

3) Same as question #2 but in regards to a legitimate copy of TDU. You probably don't condone pirating, but I'm guessing a version off of some download site wouldn't work properly? If that's the case, I will try to find a legitimate method of obtaining a copy.

4) Is there a way to swap vehicles in your garage with others? In other words, if I want to change Car A into Car B, is there a tool to do that? I'm not looking for a client side method here. I want other players to be able to see the vehicle, aka, whatever the police cars are in this game. You can just provide a link if it's easier.

5)  How can you change the character's clothing via modding? Same as with question #4 but for the player. Back on TDU2, there was a way to do this for the PC version to get the Oahu Police Outfit. Again, you can just leave links to answer the question.

6) Is TDU Platinum needed?

7) If I only manage to install Project Paradise but other players have custom mods, will they show in my game properly? Aka, if I only have the base mods, will others who have more advanced setups see me properly as well as me for them or will they be dummy car models or something else?

8) If you have anything else you'd like to leave me with, I'm all ears.

Thank you for your time in reading this post and replying to it. I hope to see you on the island of Oahu someday.   -TestDriveVet12345

On 9/20/2019 at 5:00 AM, TestDriveVet12345 said:

1) So the mod we use to play in Multiplayer is what I've come to understand as Project Paradise? Are there any other mods I need to know about or is that the base one? My goal here is to enter the MP of TDU as it's the closest thing I can obtain right now to TDU2's.

2) So, there was mention in another video about Gamespy. I did extensive research on this and found that Gamespy is no longer a thing. Is it true that a Gamespy ID is required to get PROJECT PARADISE to work? Is there any other way to do this or am I, as they say, S.O.L?

3) Same as question #2 but in regards to a legitimate copy of TDU. You probably don't condone pirating, but I'm guessing a version off of some download site wouldn't work properly? If that's the case, I will try to find a legitimate method of obtaining a copy.

4) Is there a way to swap vehicles in your garage with others? In other words, if I want to change Car A into Car B, is there a tool to do that? I'm not looking for a client side method here. I want other players to be able to see the vehicle, aka, whatever the police cars are in this game. You can just provide a link if it's easier.

5)  How can you change the character's clothing via modding? Same as with question #4 but for the player. Back on TDU2, there was a way to do this for the PC version to get the Oahu Police Outfit. Again, you can just leave links to answer the question.

6) Is TDU Platinum needed?

7) If I only manage to install Project Paradise but other players have custom mods, will they show in my game properly? Aka, if I only have the base mods, will others who have more advanced setups see me properly as well as me for them or will they be dummy car models or something else?

😎 If you have anything else you'd like to leave me with, I'm all ears.

TDU 1

1)  Only with Project Paradise mod you can enter the community server to play online.
2) Gamespy is dead, you don't need an ID for installing / going online with Project Paradise
3) You should not use a pirate version. Actually I cannot answer if it is a problem when 2 copies with same Key are online the same time, I guess not. But you can still get legal version at Ebay / Amazon
4) No, there is no tool to change cars, you have to do manually. Then your new car runs with the specs of the replaced car. With TDUF by Djey you can swap the complete / partially physics of a car. Sometimes there are problems with rim dimension, for example. If you are lucky you can fix that, or you have to swap the mod with another car.
If you swap a car, other players cannot not see your "new" car. What they see is the car, they have on that slot. Or they have the exactly same "new" car like yours on the same slot.
5) I think Milli knowns something here. 😉
6) You don't need TDU Platinum to play online. But if you don't have it installed and mostly all others have, you will see tons of dummy cars, cars you don't have installed (because there were so many changes made by Milli with the database e.g.). 
7) You and all others only see what themselves have installed / swapped.

Someone correct me, if I am wrong somewhere. 😎

Edited by MagicV8