We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Xbox Live - Ahh!

CheesyPoof

I don't think CheesyPoof's problem was saftey, that was my parent argument (which I won about 2 years ago). Talking about that I own my dad 40 quid never mind, hopefully he'll forget. Anyway, what do you mean "Dirtys up our internet", slows it down? When its off it dosn't. Bring them here and we can testify for you, can't spell though.

Two major arguments you can use for your parents:

1. The safety is high, because it isn't like a PC that has all sorts of virusses floating about. It is Xbox communicating with Xbox so there are no hazards whatsoever. (They'll eat it.)

2. It is really value for money. You only pay a small amount each month, but it works on every game you own, so instead of needing money for a trip to the movies each month, you will need this instead and it actually saves you money.

This is the way I justify it to myself. Hehe.

My Dad bought an Xbox solely so we could talk on live without paying for phonecalls.

Now he has TDU and other games and my mother thinks he is insane.

12 years after I move out, they start to behave like my kind of people.

Microsoft have done so much for this kind of safety, you don't even give out your real name so its completely anomalous. If you say about the feedback system so bad player are kicked off and banned. They are normally they are the other side of the world so its really easy just to hit the off button. I think it really must be one of the safest ways of talking to someone you don't know as they can't track you (i think) because its an Xbox and if its modded they'll be kicked off live. Just show them a few site and bug them a bit more :) and I'm sure they'll come round to your way of thinking.