We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

help with a gaming PC

Forza

i got a little ... accident ... with my pc (im using my "olde duste laptope") and im praticaly going to buy a new one. Its mainly for gaming but i still havent decided the GPU: im betwen the 7900GTO (BRL 1,100) and the 8800 gtx (BRL 2,900) BRL= Brasilian Real= money from where i live xD. i know they are on a very diferent price range, but im wondering if i should get the 7900 (with a little memory overclock to run @ 1600 mhz) and wait for the dx10 gpus to hit a decent price range (or maybe for more powerfull dx10 gpus) or if i should get the 8800 gtx right away. My main concern its about the price since ill probably upgrade to a dx10 gpu anyway by the middle of the next year (not the price of the gpu itself, i can afford either of them). Im new (ok ima completly noob) @ hardware so you guys think the 8800 gtx (or maybe a more powerfull dx10 gpu) will have a lower enough price by the mids of 2008 to make it worth spending 1k now on a dx9.0c gpu? or should i get the 8800 gtx now? if i get the 8800gtx will i have to upgrade to a more powerfull dx10 gpu once they starting comming out?

personally, I think I would have gone for the 8800gtx card.. It's right up there with the best cards available right now, it kinda depends on whether you will be able to upgrade again as soon as the DX10 cards reach a decent price.

1st post BTW,... hi!!!

Sure

im considering to get a 8800 gts (BRL 1,500) instead of the cards i listed. and yes i believe the 7900gto is fast enough for TDU not that it matters much now

and welcome

The 8800gts 320mb is fast enough to handle the game and probably see you through the year.

I've just build a new pc for a friend and that's what I got him.

Times are tough at the moment for system builder as new technologies are emerging. Not the best time to buy high spec parts.