We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Spring 07 Dashboard Update News (Read Only)

Nodz86

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Johansen
Fix what exactly? The Child account problem or mine?

the child account thing i think.

otherwise I'm gonna be at the point of boarding and plane and kicking Bill Gates butt!

I wouldn't go for Bill Gates as he don't work for M$ anymore.

If you started with a child account but you are now an adult from what i have read you can get rid of the child account.

All you have to do is log into the child account on Net passport and I beleive there is someway of removingnthe child restrictions.

if you signed up with your parents account and they put the restrictions on log into their account and remove the restrictions on yours.

edit:

wooo my first sticky :D:bananasplit:and 1st post updated with with most recent info on update

Q: The email address assigned to my Xbox LIVE account is different to the email address I use on my PC for Windows LIVE messenger. Is there a way for me to still access my messenger account?

A: Not at this time. We are working on the ability to allow users to change the email address they originally used when signing up for Xbox Live. The feature will be available in an upcoming release.

FA430RGT does that answer the question???

out od curiosity, any reports of bricked xboxes this time around?

Supprisingly not, on gamefaqs theres usually loads of reports about dash updates and game updates bricking console but i haven't seen any yet.

first bricked console belongs to me :(

works ok until i attempt to connect to LIVE, then it dies, just powers off and nothing, restarts ok with no redlights, so its not bricked as in dead (yet), but it wont go online, currently on the phone to Micro$hafters to see what they say

EDIT: problem solved, had nothing to do with the update at all, my wireless adaptor wasnt connected firmly enough, but why the console powered off is a mystery to me and M$???

any clues anyone?

None! But how did you get through to those tw4ts! I called yesterday for 30 minutes (no answer just damn music!) and today with the same result! I think I've found a new bug but it may just be kinda related to yours.. When Playing Live it just randomly disconnects its-self to only turn back when told.. Mind you it may just be my Internet provider or my Wireless Adaptor..

best time of the day to phone is just befre the lunchbreak, cos they will get you sorted faster if you get through

also, dont press any buttons, example, when it asks you to press 1, dont, leave it and wait, they will answer faster, cos they will think you are using an old phone that hasnt got that ability LOL (works for MOST forms of automessage things on phones)

all us lucky Europeans will be able to use MSN if we have a childs account on our xbox 360s in the next 48 hours

and where did you get that info from?

only post about the child account problem if you actually know REAL info.

Craigie, all the real info about child accounts is in my first post and all of that info came from Major Nelson (the man incharge of XBL) as soon as there is more info about it i will post it in there.

At the moment all he has sai is that he is working on it.

The link to Major Nelsons site is also in the first post aswell.

Called Microsoft today (Cheers N1PPER the call thing worked) and spoke to some twat who couldn't string two words of English togeather! So after shouting at him for a good 15 minutes trying to get my problem across he finally tells me to open another GT and when I told him about the £25 worth of M$ points on my current account + the Gold Membership for about another 6 months.. He couldn't care less.. Then went through a little swearing session for about 5 Minutes straight insulting him/his Mother, Father, son, sister Aunty screw it his dog even! I hung up.. I'm truely pissed off right now luckly Forza 2 was there and I'm working on some decent material I'll post later!

Called Microsoft today (Cheers N1PPER the call thing worked) and spoke to some twat who couldn't string two words of English togeather! So after shouting at him for a good 15 minutes trying to get my problem across he finally tells me to open another GT and when I told him about the £25 worth of M$ points on my current account + the Gold Membership for about another 6 months.. He couldn't care less.. Then went through a little swearing session for about 5 Minutes straight insulting him/his Mother, Father, son, sister Aunty screw it his dog even! I hung up.. I'm truely pissed off right now luckly Forza 2 was there and I'm working on some decent material I'll post later!

I had the same problem I phoned them and said I made the wrong profile live, so I phoned them after 20mins of someone who couldn't take english he passed me to his mate then another 20mins he transfered me to a yank who said as i paid for 12months Live with a prepaid card not credit card they could not refund me but it took at least an hour to get that answer.

Hopefully they will sort this out soon as Major Nelson said they are working to solve the problem.

ms-agents are just a bunch off crackheads, usseless robot's ...