We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Controller Keyboard

YeOldeTDUMan

Has anyone bought the new mini keyboard that plugs into your controller yet?

Was thinking of getting one myself

I want to know this aswell, as I am also thinking of getting one.

They've got them in Game at £25 but only in a display case (dvd type thing not the product) and for a £10 I could get a cheap USB keyboard to plug in and use instead.

Bloody Yanks get this fort $29.99 (£15) and we have to pay £25, bloody M$.

Anyway rant over heres a link to the instruction manual saying how it works. Also the reason you get a new headset with the keyboard is because the standard wired headset does not fit.

Instruction Manual:

http://assets.xbox.com/en-us/support/na-chatpad.pdf

And a link to a video that shows how it works:

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/hardware/x/xbox360messengerkit/

i went looking for one of those keyboards last week. i talked to a guy @ GameStop here in town, and the guy told me he talked with a REP from M$, saying that the keyboards were going to be shipped alogn with the Halo 3 consoles. i dunno if their out yet, but i was a lil dissapointed i couldnt get it last week. i'll have to check the store's website to see if their in...

i went looking for one of those keyboards last week. i talked to a guy @ GameStop here in town, and the guy told me he talked with a REP from M$, saying that the keyboards were going to be shipped alogn with the Halo 3 consoles. i dunno if their out yet, but i was a lil dissapointed i couldnt get it last week. i'll have to check the store's website to see if their in...

They got released her on in the UK on Friday. Just had a look on Amazon.com and they have them for sale now and so does xbox.com.

guys, as promised some pics

so far it's not too bad to use ... smallish buttons but no worse than a mobile phone

the biggest comment i have is that you have to change your grip on the controller as i tend to wrap my fingers around the controller ... obviously you can with this in the way

I've included pics with and without the keyboard so you can compare