We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Aaaarrrrrrrrrggggggggghhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!

Car Freak

Ok, now this is getting bloody irritating. For the past two days, when I play TDU, the game would sometimes just randomly freeze up and the whole com would hang. Nothing works, there's just silence and a frozen screen

Then, these past two hours, when I played, within 5mins of starting the game and driving around, the game would freeze. The screen doesn't move, but the car's engine stays at the same note, and the music from the radio still plays. pressing the Start button on the keyboard brings out the mouse cursor, but the start menu doesn't appear.

Would anybody know what's wrong? These problems are seriously starting to make me hate Atari, and playing this game. Can't wait for Juiced 2 and NFS ProStreet to come out....

I hated the first Juiced and ProStreet looks alright.

I get this problem all the time. Things that can help are: complete re-install, or the game randomly starts working normally again (like mine did for a period) >>>> [ Exit the game with CTRL+ALT+DEL as its the only thing that works... lol ] . There is no real explanation that I can give for this happening, but it happens at the worst of times.

Yes, this happens to me too. I don't know why but sometimes it also freezes my keyboard. I can tell this because when I press Num Lock the light doesn't go on/off Lol. It just crashes my whole system sometimes, I'm used to it now, I've found no explanation for it :(

Happens to me it's a fact of life. I have a friend who has just started playing and she has given up as this is happening to her too. How bad is that getting the game and only playing for less than a week and giving up because of stupid problems such as this? :(

If this had happened to me in the first week I would've taken it back for a refund for sure!

I hated the first Juiced and ProStreet looks alright.

I get this problem all the time. Things that can help are: complete re-install, or the game randomly starts working normally again (like mine did for a period) >>>> [ Exit the game with CTRL+ALT+DEL as its the only thing that works... lol ] . There is no real explanation that I can give for this happening, but it happens at the worst of times.

CTRL+ALT+DEL doesn't even work... And I can't even find TDU in the Add/Remove Programs menu... :wtf: How long was it before yours started working again?

Have you tried the deleting the folder trick. At this location:

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data

There should be a folder titled "Test Drive Unlimited" and as long as you delete it each time before you want to play the game seems to work fine without crashes for me. You will need to reenter your serial code though, so make sure you have it available before you delete the folder :)

-- OLD IMAGE REMOVED (imageshack) --

P.S. The folder rebuilds itself every time, so you will need to delete it every time you play for this to work :)

Just curious, what does the contents of the folder have to do with the game crashing or not crashing?

Not too sure, but the method works and I got this from the official forums so the game files should be Ok with it :)

Thanks for the rep Mark :)

The folder contains the cache files ...

(Small portion of high-speed memory used for temporary storage of frequently used data. Reduces the time it would take to access that data, since it no longer has to be retrieved from the disk.),

... which get corrupeted [very easily by the looks of it xD]

+ it contains the CD-Key file, which means you will have to type the CD-Key into TDU each time you open it. Which shouldn't be a problem if you have the orinigal box it came in :) and didn't use a ... slightly ... illegal version.