We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Its a maybe

Baltoman

what I wanto buy is:

Geforce 7600+ with 512 Mb with Pixel and Vertex Shader 2.0 (thats what that program that tests your pc recomended to play tdu)

and also my CPU speed has to be 3GHz and my system ram has to have 1Gb and I have to have 8Gb of free space

How do I get Cpu speed and a system ram?

Urh, incorrect there my friend. Speed has that card, and so does another mate of ours (not on TDU:C) and they both get 2xAA on 1280x1024 on TDU and can record fraps.

i'd like to point out that i have that graphics card and get 4xAA on 1280x1024, on vista with only 1GB DDR ram.

and i thought vista needed double what XP needs for the RAM?????:eek: is it just me or have i created a rarity? anyone else who runs this setup i'd like to here from you what FPs you get. mines about 20FPS on average which is perfectly enough to play with a high standard of driving (i.e. without the FRAPs effect, (crashing into everything cos it stutters)).

to be honest vista is awful for playing TDU but it does ok. at least it works to some extent.:excited:

i'd like to point out that i have that graphics card and get 4xAA on 1280x1024, on vista with only 1GB DDR ram.

and i thought vista needed double what XP needs for the RAM?????:eek: is it just me or have i created a rarity? anyone else who runs this setup i'd like to here from you what FPs you get. mines about 20FPS on average which is perfectly enough to play with a high standard of driving (i.e. without the FRAPs effect, (crashing into everything cos it stutters)).

to be honest vista is awful for playing TDU but it does ok. at least it works to some extent.:excited:

Well Speed has 3gb RAM and as far as I know. The last time I went round his he had 2xAA and that was on 1gb RAM then. So the amount of AA may have changed.

Well Speed has 3gb RAM and as far as I know. The last time I went round his he had 2xAA and that was on 1gb RAM then. So the amount of AA may have changed.

Mate, RAM won't change your ability to increase AA. This is because, for instance 4xAA is post processing, where the screen to be shown is rendered 4 times as apposed to 1 time to reduce jagged edges on textures. therefore, by logic, quartering your FPS. Your GFX card's core does all of this. [Meant to be informative not inflammatory]

Oh and for the record, I run Fraps with my 8800GTS with 4X AA and HDR at a steady 30 FPS, and without fraps about 70. (1280x1024) When I was testing the overclocking of both my processor and my GFX card by 5%, I was getting about 60 Fraps FPS and 90-120 regular FPS.

okaay... but how do I get system ram and more CPU speed? buying it? downloading something?

For CPU speed, you need a new Processor(easy option), or you can try overclocking (hard option)

For RAM, you can just buy sticks and put them in your computer easily.

Mate, RAM won't change your ability to increase AA. This is because, for instance 4xAA is post processing, where the screen to be shown is rendered 4 times as apposed to 1 time to reduce jagged edges on textures. therefore, by logic, quartering your FPS. Your GFX card's core does all of this. [Meant to be informative not inflammatory]

So would more RAM increase FPS when using Fraps? As mine drops from 30 normally to around 18 if I'm lucky when recording. Meaning I have to use the DVD recorder if I want something filmed.

well, Its more likely that I get TDU for PC even though 360 is better. The reason why im gettting for PC is because its a lot cheaper and less complicated. If I buy for the 360 version I would only be able to play with original cds witch is REALLY EXPENSIVE and also I would have to get a enthernet cable to install on the pc and pay more money to choose if I would like xbox live for 3, 6 or 12 months and on the pc its Internet forever (not for my parents though)

well, Its more likely that I get TDU for PC even though 360 is better. The reason why im gettting for PC is because its a lot cheaper and less complicated. If I buy for the 360 version I would only be able to play with original cds witch is REALLY EXPENSIVE and also I would have to get a enthernet cable to install on the pc and pay more money to choose if I would like xbox live for 3, 6 or 12 months and on the pc its Internet forever (not for my parents though)

Glad to hear it :) I'll be seeing on on the Island I hope :)

Come and sign up for the TDU:C Easter Gumball when I get round to organising it :D

ok, do u have an idea of when the gumball will start?
It will be in the School/College Easter Holidays

*checks calendar*

Mine start on 13th Feb and will probably be 1 week.

Or were you taking about time in the day?

They have been at 8pm GMT when it is just Europe people, and 10pm when we were including somone from Singapore (GMT+8) So there could be a shuffle round of times, to suit you.

BTW what GMT- are you?