We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

So it looks like its all over !!!

Nige

HD films do looks quite a lot bet7ter than standard DVD and do we have the technology to put better quality onto disk even if we had that 3.9 tb (wow that sounds like an illness), anyway suppose we probebly do. They must cost a fortune though, would hate to run over on of then with my chair wheel.

I really don't why people are anti sony so much really, I don't like them as a company simply becouse they always make there own bits for stuff so the price for one of there products gets higher and higher after you've bought it but who can blame then really.

Also dosn't HD-DVD use blue lasers, i'm sure i read somewhere they both did?

With Xbox 360's apparently in short supply after the Christmas rush, I can only see the PS3 getting more popular. There was a mass fightback by critics of the PS3 saying it is starting off as the tortoise and the Xbox 360 is the hare. With Blu-Ray taking a firm lead the PS3's popularity may well take off. And I may have to get one if there's some decent games coming out for it.

Lazy copy and paste from N4G post

i suppose HD-DVD owners arent that boned. now that HD-DVD is no longer in the race, the HD-DVD devices will be going dirt cheap, including the burners for your PC.

although it ultimately lost out to blu-ray, you shouldnt loose sight of the fact that it is still a stunning format, with disks offering about 6 times the storage of a regular DVD. stock up with plenty of disks and you'll be pretty sorted for all your storage needs. and whilst production of hardware may be stopping, the disks will probably be manufactured long after the 'death' of the product. for example, sega were producing GD-ROM disks (Dreamcast disk format) till last year (if memory serves correctly).

this isnt as black and white as Beta vs VHS, this time around people can sustain the life of their products with their own content.

i dont own either format, but i might get the 360 HDDVD drive when the retailers start selling them for about a fiver :p and then buy a cheapo HD-DVD burner for my comp. just cause the studios arent putting their films on HD-DVD doesnt mean i wont!

I'm not buying anything for a while yet and then it will be blueray now or anything else that coem out, paying 25 quid for a film is stupid and for me there still dvd's it took a while to stop calling them video's, still do sometimes and i'm only 16 so blueray sounds no chance in terms of name for me, who knows, when a player is £100 and disks are £15 for a new release, £10 or old i'll buy.