We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Porsche takes CC fight to next level

Nodz86

Quote:

Porsche takes CC fight to next level

3 April 2008

Porsche has officially applied for a judicial review challenging the Mayor’s £25 charge congestion charge by issuing its case in the High Court of Justice.

Porsche believes that the increase of the congestion charge from £8 a day to £25 is "unfair and disproportionate" and could result in an 11% drop in sales in the UK.

Andy Goss, managing director of Porsche Cars GB, said: "Not only is this new tax on motorists unfair, it is also a disproportionate and illegal use of power by the mayor.

"The Porsche case is about protecting London and Londoners from a new tax that will not only fail to reduce CO2 emissions in central London, but also increase congestion and damage air quality."

Pendragon Premium, which has three dealerships in central London, has filed a seperate claim, stating that it could face up to £180,000 in higher congestion charge costs.

Porsche started its campaign against the changes to the congestion charge in February. The Friends of the Earth has hit out against Porsche’s challenge over the new CC rules, saying the luxury car marque "has a vested interest in keeping polluting vehicles on the road".

Porsche filed its challenge in the High Court of Justice Queen’s Bench Division Administrative Court seeking to "quash the mayor’s new charge on the grounds that it is both a disproportionate and illegal action by the Mayor".

SOURCE: AMOnline

Good for Porsche. We don't need the CC and Ken Livingstone can go shove his ideas up his own bum and step down. We need a decent mayor who doesn't wanna put number plates on bicycles..

I hope Boris Gets in.

On the bicycle thing something needs to be done about them in London (or anywhere for that matter) as the do not obey traffic rules or regs or anythign for that matter.

But you can't exactly force them to pay tax for trying to exercise. They have cycle roads, they just need to make sure the cyclists stay in them or they get a fine.

Why don't they make a Highway Code for cyclists... and like you have the police patrolling in cars you can have police on bicycles patrolling and they can have a alarm on their handlebars in the bell so they flick the bell and the alarm goes on! :)

I hope Boris Gets in.

On the bicycle thing something needs to be done about them in London (or anywhere for that matter) as the do not obey traffic rules or regs or anythign for that matter.

Don't put number plates on bikes, I'll get speeding tickets.

Number plates on bicycles is ridiculous.

If a lil kid wants to learn to ride a bicycle, he'll have to get a number plate and pay tax for his lil bicycle with stabilizers.

Plus they can't get cyclists to do anything, there's too many of them around to do anything. Its the same with burning CDs, that's illegal but they can't stop it.

Why don't they make a Highway Code for cyclists... and like you have the police patrolling in cars you can have police on bicycles patrolling and they can have a alarm on their handlebars in the bell so they flick the bell and the alarm goes on! :)

There is a section in the Highway code for cyclists and you do a cyling proficiancy test at school (or ment to). but something needs to be done about them. But then I am not against the cyclist (i used to be one)

Back to the Porsche thing, I think the CC has changed from a Congestion tax to a green tax, its just another stealth tax at the end of the day. and Mr ken spends it on his trips away.

You can't vote on somthing like this, people will always try and pay less money. With the bycycle thing, if they start charging greehouse tax on bikes then i'm leaving this place lol, crazy. The conjestion sharge is a good idea and to be honest I think it should be higher. Maybe thats becouse I don't live in London but I go there a lot as its close. People who live in London do not need to drive, the public transport is brilliant in London. People who come in again can park on the inside and come it, its simple. The only traffic who really need it are buiness traffic so I think all commercal registared vans should be exempt and a huge price, ie £25, for everything else, stop people coming in.