We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Sig Problem / Question

Pherelas

Question

Right i've just written a little script so I can easily change my sig when I want, i've put it on some webhosting and link to the picture Like I useually do with photobucket. I've turned the hotlinking protection off on my hosting control panel yet it still dosn't work. If i put the link stright into the browser it all works fine but it only works the once when I try and use it as a sig.

Have you got somthing set up to stop people doing this or am I an idiot and doing somthing wrong?

Nothing shows up at all in firefox when logged out, not even the no image found cross thing.

6 answers to this question

All that happens in the scipt is that there are a load of images and a random is picked, copyed and had is changed it name to use.jpg and then the old use.jpg is deleted. Isn't that just the same as linking to an image normally and then changing what that image is keeping the same name.

Couldn't really understand you post, I take its not allowed and will change back though.

http://www.testdriveexpress.co.uk/Sig/Use.jpg

It just changes what Use.jpg is. Even if I link to one of the images that dosn't change it won't work. Its like there is a hotlinking/leaching protection on but I turned that off. I'm quite sure its the web host where the problem is but If you know a fix it would be good, if not i'll carry on useing photobucket.

Also a strange thing, clicking the link dosn't work but copy and pasting into the browser does. Has to be an anti leaching thing.