We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

This might just get me back to playing TDU, or video games overall.

Guest RB26DETT

Guest RB26DETT
Wow, that looks cool... And I have an ATi chip. How do I know if I have the right connector?

chip?

it supports PCI-E 2.0 cards and connects via USB 2.0. that's all ya need to know. ;)

LIAR!

I do not lie! >.<

Anyways, I just realised it says it uses USB. But I'm confused, 'cause it also says...

Advanced External PCI Express® 2.0 Connector Design

AMD joined forces with JAE Electronics, Inc. for design and development of the external PCI Express® 2.0 compatible cable connector. JAE Electronics is a recognized industry leader in providing solutions for complex design requirements. JAE Electronics, an expert in aerospace and automotive industries, transferred their technological advancements into the PCI Express® 2.0 advanced connector design. The connector has been uniquely crafted and designed to easily connect to your notebook PC, providing 4 GBytes/s bandwidth to support ATI Radeon™ graphics cards to enable you to run the most demanding graphics applications.

Someone unconfuse me please :D

EDIT: RB has beat me. But this means I already have to have a graphics card in my laptop?

Guest RB26DETT
I do not lie! >.<

Anyways, I just realised it says it uses USB. But I'm confused, 'cause it also says...

Someone unconfuse me please :D

EDIT: RB has beat me. But this means I already have to have a graphics card in my laptop?

oh yeah crap. it says it connects via a special external pci-e 2.0 slot.

no. i think it's meant for people who run integrated graphics on their laptops (me) to have a dedicated GPU.

Hum, but it also says 'ATI XGP™ can run up to 4 displays when activated on the notebook PC and comes with HDMI with integrated audio, DVI and USB connections providing the ability to connect to a variety of devices.'

So maybe it works via USB as well...? 'cause I have a ATi Radeon Chip that uses shared memory...

Where are all the geeks when you need them? XD

Someone call? :p

Unfortunately this one can't be plugged into any old laptop, you need to have a special circuit and connector from AMD - at the moment they're aiming for using their puma chipsets, but they seem to be quite open about allowing others to use it as well.

You might be more interested in the Asus XG station (or something like that - the name keeps changing) which was meant to be through the express card slot. It won't be anything like as effective as the AMD solution, but you should be able to run it on any laptop (if they ever release it).