We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

PC parts questions

iBilo

Guest RB26DETT

looks fine to me. can i have a link to that motherboard though.

i'd opt for a better processor. if you'll be sticking with AMD for budget sake, i'd get a 6000+ for gaming.

I would like some advice if you can please. Btw I have no idea and I was just picking stuff out that looked good via detailed specs. And its ment to be a gaming PC, one I could run TDU in full, rFactor, Crysis etc and one that's good for modding tbh.

Cheers. :)

Ok well general pointers include:

-Go for a dual core Intel CPU for best performance/money. Quad core if you've got extra.

-Get either an AMD 4850 or nVidia 9800GTX graphics card for best performance/money. 4870 if you've got extra.

-The best performance/money motherboards for Intel CPUs are the P35 chipset ones. P45 if you've got extra.

-4gb RAM requires a 64bit operating system, so don't forget to get Vista Premium 64bit (if you don't get this right away you can upgrade from the 32bit one by asking MS to send you the 64bit disc for a few quid).

-You don't need a separate sound card these days - most motherboards come with HD quality chips and you'll have more than enough spare CPU to drive it.

-You'll only need around 400W at most, so don't go for a mega watt PSU, instead go for a good make like Seasonic, Corsair, OCZ etc. and aim for around the 520W mark.

-14cm is an odd size for a case fan, might be better to go with a case that uses normal 12cm sized ones so you can replace the fans if the bearing get noisy.

@ Kalniel: Quad cores aren't that expensive now. Obviously more than duals, but £120 for a 2.4GHz Quad isn't at all bad. My mate has it clocked to 3.2, and could probably get more.

But yeah. Some very bad choices there. Believe me: Intel and nVidia > AMD and ATI. It used to be the other way around, but times have changed!

Ok well general pointers include:

-Go for a dual core Intel CPU for best performance/money. Quad core if you've got extra.

-Get either an AMD 4850 or nVidia 9800GTX graphics card for best performance/money. 4870 if you've got extra.

-The best performance/money motherboards for Intel CPUs are the P35 chipset ones. P45 if you've got extra.

-4gb RAM requires a 64bit operating system, so don't forget to get Vista Premium 64bit (if you don't get this right away you can upgrade from the 32bit one by asking MS to send you the 64bit disc for a few quid).

-You don't need a separate sound card these days - most motherboards come with HD quality chips and you'll have more than enough spare CPU to drive it.

-You'll only need around 400W at most, so don't go for a mega watt PSU, instead go for a good make like Seasonic, Corsair, OCZ etc. and aim for around the 520W mark.

-14cm is an odd size for a case fan, might be better to go with a case that uses normal 12cm sized ones so you can replace the fans if the bearing get noisy.

+Rep.:)