We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Stuttering Problem with Logitech G25

Exediron

Hey guys,

I've been having this problem for a while now, and after looking around online for some time, I decided to join a forum and start a thread.

When I load Test Drive: Unlimited (PC DVD Version) with the G25 wheel plugged in, it runs fine in the menu. When I enter the game itself it runs fine during the animation of your house. It isn't until I take a car out that the problems begin.

Once I'm in the car, I can sit in the driveway just fine with no problems. But as soon as I turn the wheel (Ragardless of rather or not the car is in motion), the frame rate drops drastically, the more violently I turn the wheel, the more the frame rate drops. I've seen it hit as low as 2 fps when I'm going fast and turn the wheel suddenly.

If I load the game with the G25 unplugged and drive around using keyboard controls, everything runs fine.

Hardware Specs:

Operating System: Windows XP Professional (SP2)

Processor: Intel Celeron D 3.46 Ghz (Single Core)

Memory: 2 GB of Corsair DDR1 400 Mhz

Graphics Card: HIS Radeon HD 3850 Turbo with IceQ3 cooler (AGP x8) w/ 512 MB Memory

Before I upgraded my computer to the Radeon, the game worked just fine, so I assume that in some way the G25 is interacting badly with the Radeon. In any other racing sim the wheel works fine, so this problem is only with TDU.

I've tried many of the fixes suggested online (Changing the AA settings, changing the Catalyst AI to advanced, etc.) and none of them have worked.

My previous system was an Nvidia 6800 XT and 1 GB of Ultra DDR1 RAM, so it's not that my current system is less powerful. The game ran fine on the last hardware.

Any help is appreciated :)

I had that problem, but that was because my old comp was crap. Phone Logitech up. Their technical support line is good and it shouldn't take long to get through to them.

And even if it's your steering wheel, it's even better! Because then you get to smash it up and take pics of it before they send you out a brand new package lol (for more info on that ask logitech about it).

I re-installed my drivers back to the CD that came with the G25, and the FF is back. But so is the problem.

T3hReaper: I tried that, in each one of my USB ports. No result.

NitroBlueUK: I'll try to find that to see if it will help, thanks for the tip.

teddyBBK: I'll call them if all else fails, but I usually don't like to go through tech support.