We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Someone clicked New Game - any way to recover?

speedbirdv8

Hi,

I had a little fella here on my computer play TDU2 when I was having dinner in the living room and apparently he clicked New Game from the "Esc" menu, because when I load my online account now, I don't get my old "life" back anymore, but it's just the starter car and I have no money. I'm broke! :)

I wonder if clicking New Game really messes up the whole thing? Doesn't it start the new game with a new file or something?

Thanks!

LOL, it's not TDU2 ofcourse. I don't know why I wrote that. I hadn't been gaming for a while and I remembered it was version 2.

So sad to hear that I can't recover it. I know that some of you guys have A LOT of money left over on your accounts. Is there any chance that you could give me some so I could start up my "life" again? :D Thanks.

Ok no problems. We can then do it tomorrow or sometime late tonight European time. If you know how to calculate from GMT or UTC time (London time), I would be available at 23.00 UTC or 00.00 UTC. I don't know if that's already morning at your place. Do you go to work or school or something tomorrow?

The only way I've discovered to recover an accidently deleted profile is if you use Norton Utilites and have a Norton Protected Recycle Bin.

Upon the accidental deletion, you would have to shut down TDU, then recover the files from the Norton Protected Recycle Bin. I've tested it and it does work.

Details here: http://www.ataricommunity.com/forums/showthread.php?t=627993

As for selling a car, put a Saturn Sky up for sale with no tuning upgrades, then let me know the color and exact unique mileage (something like 1.8 miles so it can be easily identified) and the sale price and I'll buy it.

I done this the other week so I formatted my system as it was getting clogged up and stuff. reinstalled the game and now I really have restarted the game....

I do have a saved game profile but it is corrupted and wont load!!! my wife has a profile and hers loads so I think its the saved game profile thats another reason for the restart.

Anyway what Im saying is ya lost it unless ya backed it up and ya gotta drive all them miles and races again Woohoo what fun