We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

RUF RGT / Porsche GT3

Duns_Inc

'Tis a good one .... and I just can't be bothered to make a preview. :drool:

So you're gonna have to take my word for it.

Make a backup though, just in case it's too good to be true. :cheeky:

It's a wild one, turbo sparks flying all over the place.

I really like it and you will too - you WILL LIKE IT.

Or I fart in your gentle direction - you silly ...knnnnniggits! :nanananana:

And here's a great set of gauges I found (not mine) now go drive some Class D.

http://www.filehoster.ru/files/bb4186

Note:

The reason the file is labeled "Duns" is not to imply that you can't modify or do whatever you please with it - but because, I myself, have about half a fantazillion files named F430_Cpe_audio.bnk and I can't keep track of them.

So please put your Bnk(s) in a RAR and put a prefix on it, please, I'm begging you. :D

Cheese

Daniel

No need to be sorry, if you don't like it you don't like it.

For me ignorance must be bliss - I don't have a porsche, so. :)

Although I somewhat knew it didn't sound like one, anyway.

Sample quality: poor perhaps - distorted certainly, but the level has been set rather high (decibel wise) and I'm referring to mods in general, wich means that, sounds coming after them, must, of necessity, match that level, resulting in a lot of clipping.

The first cleaner version, before amplification, had a lot less clipping.

The transitions though are smooth absolutely smooth - I don't know what you're hearing, but it isn't the transitions - must be either clipping or turbo backfire.

I guess it's a matter of preference, both how much one insists that the sound be authentic and if it sounds clean or dirty.

Personally, I prefer a dirty engine sound rather than digital CD quality, but maybe it does get tired after a while, we'll see in a few days.

So you're right about most points, except the transitions and while you say distorted I say dirty.

Tanks Skepsis and I believe I made a promise to ....brace yourself - 3 days of chilibeans coming through. :nanananana:

Edit:

BTW. Wich RGT sound do you prefer, do you have a link, I'd like to try it. ;)

Wich RGT sound do you prefer, do you have a link, I'd like to try it. ;)

Well for the moment I'm using those from the TDUBOVMODv4.2 which are amped up original files with added bov(for those with the turbo), but I have some samples laying around;) ,so I think there will be some new sounds around here soon!:D:cheeky:

As for transitions, I wouldn't call them smooth because from low to mid and from mid to high there's too much difference in sound characteristics,so it sounds unnatural,like steps if you know what mean...;)

p.s. :ill::crying: arghhh man, you gotta start eating healthier, luckily I've got my trusty gas mask by my side at all times!:nanananana::monkeydance:

As for transitions, I wouldn't call them smooth because from low to mid and from mid to high there's too much difference in sound characteristics,so it sounds unnatural,like steps if you know what mean...

This actually dawned on me just before I went to bed, I thought you meant "pops & click" ;) when the sample loops at high/max rpm.

If it has one redeeming quality it must be this, cause I was driving for 5mins or more at max speed and it was absolutely smooth, so this was what I was referring to. :)

And yes the pitch transitions aren't that "natural" but that could be said for about 50-70% of all the sounds I've tried and used.

Honestly I didn't give this much priority and bear in mind that, the onhigh loop has been transposed 12 octaves, not exactly natural either. :D

Amazingly, I still really like it, despite it all.

But I'll try to find the one you mentioned and look forward to your true to life version. ;)

I wanted to try out your new Viper, but I just can't seem to get any enjoyment out of driving the Vipers - something about the Handling - requires wheel and pedals I think. :)

Well, I'm gonna try it anyhow, pedestrians ...run for it.

Edit:

While searching for some genuine GT3 samples I found this entertaining clip. :monkeydance:

I'm glad you understood what I was on about:),in my view transitions are maybe the most important part,even if the quality of samples isn't great if it all sounds believable from 0 to top rpm's it's much better than 3 great samples that don't fit one after the other!

You aren't playing with the steering wheel?? omg you don't know what you're missing! I ONLY play the hard core mod with my trusty old MOMO wheel and it's awesome(that is if you close one eye to the ridiculous "moon gravity" and heavy understeer)!:D

p.s. Viper is a handful with the wheel too,so don't worry!;)

p.p.s. I've seen that commercial,it's great! LOL at the Japanese women and the frightened guy in gray sweater!!!:lol: