We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

All that stuff about "asking permissions"...

H311m4n

Hi guys, I really do not want to start any trouble or get anyone angry, also I know i have like 5 posts on this forum (meaning i'm still a n00b here) although I come check things out every day to see how modding in TDU evolves...but i always have a laugh when in some mods there's the usual "don't edit the textures or model without asking me permission first" BS...as far as I know, most of the mods until now are taken from other games like undercover, you guys certainly didn't ask permission to EA to take their models. Maybe it's time to stop being such hypocrites. It's fine if you created everything from scratch, that I can understand. Just felt like saying this. I'm not attacking anyone in particular, I appreciate like anyone else all the hard work that is done to give this game a second life, but come on...mods are free, you won't gain any money with them, so why all this "fake copyright"? It's ridiculous. Thanks for reading, Cheers ;)

Yes some peoples models do come from other games.

But the reason me and tool put that is that we put alot of effort into editing models and making them better before putting them into TDU. Most people do just copy and paste so to speak the model from one game to another but that is one thing me and tool hate.

I did try importing a custom built car into TDU and it crashes TDU because of the file size restrictions. All i could import of that car was the front bumper...

But anyway if that was really taken into consideration then there would be no mods here today for this game. Most mods for GTA have been made from nfs and even TDU.

But as i said me and tool work to improve the models we use so they are the best quality that TDU can handle.

*waits for Reaper's blabering*

Was there any need for that pointless post? Its not exactly nice but there again i know you have something against me due to the email you sent me.

Reaper, I do understand, I just felt like getting it out of my chest.

It's a good thing to take cars from other games, it just seems a bit contradictory you know? hehe, anyway, thanks for staying cool on the subject ;)

It's just that you know, copyright is a huge discussion (microsoft for example, the music and movie industry) that's been going on for years now and I find it a bit "sad" when it comes to modding although there is no money involved.

Hi,

I'm in the same situation than H311m4n; not a usual user, but someone who have pleasure to see new mods.

I take the time to answer this thread because i'm seeing things the same way as him. I'm creating mods for some other games and never EVER put fake copyrights on it or write some boring terms that no one will respect. ( Be serious, if someone really want to use the files, he will do it, without asking permissions. ^^ ).

I would be happy if some moders come here to explain their point of view. By this way, i hope i'll understand why they are always using some " nonsense copyrights" .

Thanks for this thread.

With my best regards,

Bayn

Edit : a little bit late on that post... ^^

Reaper : why don't you just say " Please write my name in the credits " instead of writing " Do not use files without my permission ! ". Maybe someone could do something better with your files ( I don't mean your work is wrong but there is always a way to improve things ! ^^ ). So, restricting the permission could stop the progress in the game... Don't you think ?

yeah i can see your point...

But as i said before me and tool have tried custom models but they crash TDU.

But we edit other cars so they are more than just the car from need for speed, That is why we say do not edit our mods etc.

But as with some other mods i couldn't agree more as even people are taking mods from GTA:SA without asking the authors permission there. But that is another argument that's best not to bring up

Reaper : why don't you just say " Please write my name in the credits " instead of writing " Do not use files without my permission ! ". Maybe someone could do something better with your files ( I don't mean your work is wrong but there is always a way to improve things ! ^^ ). So, restricting the permission could stop the progress in the game... Don't you think ?

I have it like that so does tool due to recent events that has happened on TDU-C concerning our mods and them being edited.