We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

probs in SLI!! need help

Tard666Evil

Hi

i have a gaming rig wich i mostly use to get max fps out of games. but a fiew weeks ago i upgraded my rig with a new gpu and motherboard. new cooling for the cpu and memory.

the problem is that when i play tdu/colin mcrae DIRT my pc freezes and i can't do nothing but restart by pressing the reset button on my case.

"first the screen shows only some weard anomoly with different shapes. then the image from the game gomes back. first it shows a little of the game with tons on weard coloured cells. and another step it shows most of the frame from the game but stops there. then i have to reboot"

my rig:

case - Antec 1200

motherboard - XFX 790i Ultra SLI

CPU - Intel core2quad q6600 @ 2.4Ghz (no overclock)

cpu cooling - noctua NH-U12P

memory - OCZ SLI 2x1GB 1800Mhz

GPU's - XFX GTX260 216 black edition & EVGA 8800GTX (stock) in SLI PhysX config

PSU - Gigabyte 800W

HD - samsung spinpoint t166 320GB, 500GB an 2x Samsung Spinpoint 1TB

any help would be great:)

and yes i have serch for hours around on google and found nothing!

i disabled PhysX on nvidia controlpanel. it still freezed.

i have also removed the 8800GTX and then i could play longer but eventualy after 15min it froze:(

there were one guy who had/have the same problem and sendt an email ti nvidia and he didn't get an answer that worked. and it isn't just on atari games. and dirt is codemasters

thanx. i found something about a guy saying it was because of heat actually. that when it gets to hot it freezes to not get ruined or something. si'm going into nvidia controllpanel and turn up the speed of the fan and see what happends:)

thanx for replies:)

IT WORKED

i played Dirt for a while and nothing happend(as in it work without freezing)

when my case arrived for the first time i spendt 2 hole days installing parts and leading the cables behind the motherboard. to get max airflow. i turnd out good enough.

but now i think i'm going to turn up the fan speed to medium 5x120mm @ 1600rpm:P so it will flow better:)

thanks for the support. just think it's weard that when i first ask about the problem i find the sullution

Thanx again:):thumbsup: finally I can play without rebooting

No problem hopefully its the solution :) you could also clean up your case for a better airflow

But it sounds a bit strange, since TDU isnt a game like Crysis.

i benchmarked crysis to find the limit of the sli 8800gtx &gtx260 PhysX setup and nothing happend. but when i started playing tdu i froze. weard since tdu for my computer is like nothing:):P lol

[admin edit:] Please do not double post, use the edit button, thanks!