We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Is this a good PC?

ShadowGT

then factor in the cost of ddr3 vs ddr2

my advice is buy an Intel dual core like beem3r said or if you must have an amd buy a AM2 Phenom II X2 or wait for the Athlon II's or intel's lynnfield cpu's

ddr3 is becoming cheaper and +- 60 euro for 4gb ddr3 isnt really that expensive.

My advice is to get a

AMD Phenom II

AM3 motherboard

Ati 4870 or 4890

4GB or more ram

can you guys please stop quoting prices in euro's. I'm not European & that just confuses me. Anyway we are having to fast track this PC due to my mums one we use now is almost ready to give up the ghost. Unless i can find a better quote over the weekend thats the quote im gonna go with. Anyway i did some research & apparently the Q8200 & Nvidia GTS250 are a overclockers dream. I know i said i wouldn't overclock but it's starting to look like a good idea. (the Gigabyte GTS 250 has custom cooling fan & heatsinks ideal for overclocking & a review said the Q8200 was good at maintaining a high overclock)

can you guys please stop quoting prices in euro's. I'm not European & that just confuses me. Anyway we are having to fast track this PC due to my mums one we use now is almost ready to give up the ghost. Unless i can find a better quote over the weekend thats the quote im gonna go with. Anyway i did some research & apparently the Q8200 & Nvidia GTS250 are a overclockers dream. I know i said i wouldn't overclock but it's starting to look like a good idea. (the Gigabyte GTS 250 has custom cooling fan & heatsinks ideal for overclocking & a review said the Q8200 was good at maintaining a high overclock)

if you are going to overclock go for a E84/5/6/00 or a Q6600 as they are faster when overclocked. also make sure you have a good cooler