We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Tool831: 2008 Shelby Mustang GT500KR Edition V1.1

Tool831

• Replies 226
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The supercharger used in the GT500 is called a Roots blower, yes it has a very distinct sound, and I've found at least 3 different V8 sounds that replicate that supercharged sound.

I think most people (Including myself) Are looking for an SVT Cobra-like sound. You know, the ones with the Kenne Bells/Whipple Superchargers. One that has a very noticable Supercharger Whine.

Perhaps one has already appeared, I haven't noticed it yet. There is one however, for the S281E which has a whistle, but it wasn't quite the whine I was looking for.

The one I'm using right now (I think) is Skepsis Mustang sound, which to me has a VERY noticeable roots blower gear whine to it.

I've got the same sound on the S281 Extreme Coupe, which has the GT500KR on it, and also on the Ford GT, which runs essentially the same kind of engine+supercharger setup.

Update

Still a work in progress but I have changed all sounds now except the starter.

There are currently bugs on the the off low and off mid when you go back on the throttle it will click but should have that fixed by tonight hopefully. Also I will most probaly be changing the on high sound as it sounds strange ;).

Video

Update

Still a work in progress but I have changed all sounds now except the starter.

There are currently bugs on the the off low and off mid when you go back on the throttle it will click but should have that fixed by tonight hopefully. Also I will most probaly be changing the on high sound as it sounds strange ;).

Video

http://M0jYI_wLc1k&fmt=18

Sounds good already m8! :thumbsup:

[mod edit:] Please don't quote videos, thanks.

Guest Sgt.Kanyo

Guys if you're looking for the GT500 Supercharger sound, then search for Eaton. There's a comparison video on youtube and believe me it's Eaton what we are looking for.

Well good to see, that I'm not the only fan of the sound :D

• 1 month later...

A supercharger (or any other form of forced induction) forces more air into the engine, allowing for more fuel to be burned which in turn generates higher pressures in the engine which then translates to more power. Superchargers are driven by a belt off of a pulley on the engine, creating a distinctive whining noise, whereas turbochargers are powered by channeling exhaust gasses through an impeller, so the only noise you hear is the whoosh of the air being drawn into the engine and the whistle of the blow of valve and waste gates.