We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Aston Martin "iQ"

T1M

The new model, to be called Cygnet, will be based on the same technology used in Toyota's iQ vehicle. The Cygnet will be built at Aston Martin's global headquarters at Gaydon. The model is expected to go on sale next year and cost as little as £20,000.

‘Now is the right time for Aston Martin to take this first bold step to embark on this special project,' said Aston Martin chief executive, Dr Ulrich Bez. ‘This concept - akin to an exclusive tender to a luxury yacht - will allow us to apply Aston Martin design language, craftsmanship and brand values to a completely new segment of the market.'

The luxury car market is suffering poor sales in the economic downturn. Aston Martin has only sold 510 new vehicles so far this year, down 41% year-on-year, while Bentley sales are down 64%.

Source

article-1196480-058A8775000005DC-414_468x351.jpg

£20,000!? The iQ is almost half of that lol, plus it doesnt look Aston-ish :p

The reason the thrad was named iQ was probably because this Aston is actually based on the upcoming Toyota iQ.

I know :lol:

It looks okay, i think it would be an absolutely brilliant idea if it was an EV or hybrid, to try and compensate for the emissions from the super GT's.

I think this really is truly hilarious. An Aston Martin that looks like that? :rofl:

Top Gear says this thing will only be available to those who are already Aston Martin owners, so it's not like you can just stroll in there with 20k. Sort of like "your own little speedboat to go with your multi-million dollar yacht"

Read about this is auto express. Its becouse they found out 30% of Aston owners also have a small city car. This car has the brilliant Aston interier and prestige while being a city car so you can have both. I think its a brilliant idea of Astons, hopfully it will work for them.