We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

The Laws Of Physics...

Woffin

...seem very unusual in TDU. In normal mode, your car is magnetised to the ground yet in hardcore mode it likes to fly like an eagle. Also I dont know if its just me but when I'm driving a car it feels like it wants to drift all by itself. Now I'm all for drifting, it's so much fun :D but shouldnt we have to achieve it ourselves without the physics of the game making it easy for us to begin with? Also, what is with not being able to flip your car upside down? That was one of the biggest let downs for me, when I had my first big crash the car went into the air and then magically transported itself to the side of the road, facing the right way up again. Here's my suggestions for improved physics in TDU2 :)

1) Have a play of rFactor. If you havent already got it, then you can download the demo for free! The physics on that are awesome, especially the FFB. I suppose its all down to personal taste but even in Hardcore mode, TDU still sometimes feels like an arcade game. Yes I know that rFactor is a dedicated sim, and having physics like that might put some casual players off, but I feel that if you can work your way to Hardcore mode to begin with then you're good enough (and dedicated enough) to be able to play with realistic physics.

2) Fix gravity. Fair enough there are some huge hills and bumps in TDU for us to launch ourselves off but somewhere inbetween the 'stuck to the ground' and the 'floaty' gravity of normal and hardcore would be great.

3) Let cars roll! If we're going to crash then at least let us have a good one! When we come to a stop all we would have to do is press "B" like we already do at the moment and we're back on the road. It annoys me that once you go past a certain amount of degrees, the car puts itself back the right way up. The underside car textures cant be that bad can they? :p

• 2 weeks later...
...seem very unusual in TDU. In normal mode, your car is magnetised to the ground yet in hardcore mode it likes to fly like an eagle. Also I dont know if its just me but when I'm driving a car it feels like it wants to drift all by itself. Now I'm all for drifting, it's so much fun :D but shouldnt we have to achieve it ourselves without the physics of the game making it easy for us to begin with? Also, what is with not being able to flip your car upside down? That was one of the biggest let downs for me, when I had my first big crash the car went into the air and then magically transported itself to the side of the road, facing the right way up again. Here's my suggestions for improved physics in TDU2 :)

1) Have a play of rFactor. If you havent already got it, then you can download the demo for free! The physics on that are awesome, especially the FFB. I suppose its all down to personal taste but even in Hardcore mode, TDU still sometimes feels like an arcade game. Yes I know that rFactor is a dedicated sim, and having physics like that might put some casual players off, but I feel that if you can work your way to Hardcore mode to begin with then you're good enough (and dedicated enough) to be able to play with realistic physics.

2) Fix gravity. Fair enough there are some huge hills and bumps in TDU for us to launch ourselves off but somewhere inbetween the 'stuck to the ground' and the 'floaty' gravity of normal and hardcore would be great.

3) Let cars roll! If we're going to crash then at least let us have a good one! When we come to a stop all we have to do is press "B" and we're back on the road. The underside car textures cant be that bad can they? :p

I totally agree, u try to go off roading up a steep hill, like the crator for example and u get to the "steep" point and the can like bounces, makes some crashing noices then just slides down the hill? If it's that steep it should roll over down the hill!

Also, if we have more front wheel drive cars, tourque steer?! if u let the wheel go (if using a wheel) the FFB will follow the tourque steer?

Cheers,

RD