We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Graphics card

Beav

Im looking for a new graphics card to play TDU. I have the game on xbox360 but I like the mods on pc so im going to play the pc version also.

I have £50 to spend on a graphics card.

Here is the current pc spec:

PSU : 355W

My RAM is : 2GB

CPU is :2 processors running - AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4400+

CPU speed is : 2.30 Ghz

Video card is: NVIDIA GeForce 6100 nForce 405 (GeForce 6100 nForce 405)

When I use the "CanIrunit" site everything is fine apart from the graphics it reccomends to use the 6600 but I want a good picture and have been told to go for the 9600GT or 9500GT if I can't afford the 9600GT.

What are peoples views?

Would I need a new power supply for it though matey? I like it but its also DDR3 and my ram is DDR2

This one also looks pretty good but im not sure if ide need as new power supply

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ZOTAC-NVIDIA-GEFORCE-9500-GT-1GB-1024MB-GRAPHICS-CARD_W0QQitemZ270319993354QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Computing_Computer_Components_Graphics_Video_TV_Cards_TW?hash=item3ef053c20a&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=65%3A12|66%3A2|39%3A1|72%3A1690|293%3A1|294%3A50

Ok bud. Ile have to see how much I get for the xbox360 games then decide and just go for one, lol

Just seen a review for the 9600GT

"Got this to play my Firstflight G4.5 RC simulation. I had some problem initially for it was stuck at 300 Mhz for the core clock and I cannot clock it up to 600. Reinstalled the driver and eveything is working normal again. This is my first "serious" graphics card my other one was a cheap $40 model and I'm starting to understand what the specs mean. I have a Dell 4100 with only a 350 Watt PSU hence it cannot handle more powerful GPU without upgrading the PSU. I think this card is the fastest card without the need for a higher wattage PSU. So far so good. There is a $20 rebate but it is hard to find the link."

Maybe I wont need a new PSU with this GFX card?