We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Golf MK2 custom gauge | Problem with textures.

kurio

Ok, i've downloaded some stuff from this awesome forum. But.. its not enough for me. I've got MK2 VW Golf 1.8, but i couldn't find any gauges, so i've decided to make one.

After 2 hrs i've made int rpm and speedo textures in photoshop looks good, but they looks crappy in game.

Just take a look:

44bd87f7b667786fa82ca840f75d22fd.jpg

I'm wondering how i can fix that. Those gauges are from MK2 Golf 1.4 a bit tuned.

Here -> .bnk if somebody would like to see inside [golf II gauges not fixed.]

check this out use DXTbmp - then open the dds. - then click on "image" and send to editor - then you are on Paint (from microsoft) you click on "datei" then "alles makieren"

- then "kopieren" the file!

open Paint.NET open your Golf HUD...

when you open it then (Strg + V) or "einfügen" then you have the dds.!

try it it will be works!

@tdu ggas

I think you should have used the english words instead of german ("kopieren","datei"). :)

@ kurio

The problem is the resolution. There are two folders, HiRes and LowRes. I'm playing 1920x1080 and the gauges are working for me. I think you should make a low resolution version. HiRes has a size of 256x256 LowRes 128x128.

PS: Did you made ext_rpm?

• 2 weeks later...
check this out use DXTbmp - then open the dds. - then click on "image" and send to editor - then you are on Paint (from microsoft) you click on "datei" then "alles makieren"

- then "kopieren" the file!

open Paint.NET open your Golf HUD...

when you open it then (Strg + V) or "einfügen" then you have the dds.!

try it it will be works!

ok a quiet long way. but this way didn't work out for me.

because i think the probleme is located in the way the dds file is saved by paint.net.

if you have a transparent HUD, you'll have simply to open the file with paint.net and then save as dds, and you have to choose DXT5, because by default it says DXT1 (no trancparency, just a simple texture).

With DXT1 the things look like on the picture ;)