We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Wrong dsic inserted please insert original Test Drive Unlimited CD/DVD

This is what i get when i now try to start TDU. Well before, TDU was working perfectly fine one day i uninstalled it to make some room on my harddisc decided to reinstall it so i downloaded it from Digital River, installed it like i normally do, patched it to 1.66a, then fixed registy and cleared cache with TDU Tool Kit. Then i go to launch the game and that is what i get. So i uninstalled re downloaded then re-installed 2 more times. Same thing. So this time i deleted every last TDU file i could find after backing up my profile. re downloaded re-installed and i am still getting the same thing! I havnt changed anything on my computer since i ran TDU last. But this time after i deleted all files, i found when i go into C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data there is no TDU folder in there it would normally be C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Test Drive Unlimited << thats the folder that normally contains the CD Key and Radical.cdb but its not there, i am not sure if that has something to do with it but yeah. Could someone please help me with this?

But i did not download this illegaly i bought TDU off Atari.com and used the digital river downloader

This is what i get when i now try to start TDU. Well before, TDU was working perfectly fine one day i uninstalled it to make some room on my harddisc decided to reinstall it so i downloaded it from Digital River, installed it like i normally do, patched it to 1.66a, then fixed registy and cleared cache with TDU Tool Kit. Then i go to launch the game and that is what i get. So i uninstalled re downloaded then re-installed 2 more times. Same thing. So this time i deleted every last TDU file i could find after backing up my profile. re downloaded re-installed and i am still getting the same thing! I havnt changed anything on my computer since i ran TDU last. But this time after i deleted all files, i found when i go into C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data there is no TDU folder in there it would normally be C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Test Drive Unlimited << thats the folder that normally contains the CD Key and Radical.cdb but its not there, i am not sure if that has something to do with it but yeah. Could someone please help me with this?

But i did not download this illegaly i bought TDU off Atari.com and used the digital river downloader

I had the same problem, it's the Radical files.

I had that too, plus my game would freeze after races and stuff. But google the radical thing, I'll look for it later, but all u do it intall it, then just hit delete radical and wolla, problem gone! :thumbsup:

RD

i figured it out i dont think it had anything to do with radial files. I reinstalled the game and had to run it atleast once before i applied patch 1.66a then used TDU tool kit to fix registy. That seemed to do the trick.

BTW TDU servers down? theyve been down for past 3 days i have heard and i just found this out on my own. Any news of them coming back up soon?

• 3 weeks later...
I had the same problem, it's the Radical files.

I had that too, plus my game would freeze after races and stuff. But google the radical thing, I'll look for it later, but all u do it intall it, then just hit delete radical and wolla, problem gone! :thumbsup:

RD

I have tried downloading the radial.cdlb file and it still doesn't load up

i get a quick flash of the screen then it's gone

i've had the game twice now and it's not funny the 1 for the ps2 doesn't work and now the 1 for the pc doesn't work:crying::sulk: