We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Gear Shifting in TDU just got more difficult - Huh?

Raci

Well, it happened ages ago, all of a sudden I was missing shifts all over the place (Manual with clutch). My Saitek Cyborg Evo is a bit old so I thought it was the buttons but properties shows them reacting perfectly well.

So I modded the stick (Made new pads for the base buttons that *definitely* won't miss the microswitch so should work better. Seemed a *little* less bad but am still missing shifts. So I got a Logitech Extreme 3d Pro and I'm still missing shifts... I put it down to the buttons being harder to press and I'd get used to it... Nope...

So I went back to nfsPS for a laugh and I'm having no trouble at all (Apart from it's not TDU, lol)

Anyone else had a dodgy gearshift problem appear suddenly? Did a reinstall fix it?

EDIT: Arse, I just realised I put this in general gaming :(

!! PLS Ignore this post, I'll repost in the right place !!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Hello everybody,

I wanted to dig up this thread because I have exactly the same problem.

I've recently bought a new computer. I've been plying TDU on my laptop so far and everything was fine (not mentioning very low FPS at 800x600 :] ) Now I've installed TDU on this new machine and it would be perfect if it wasn't for the game missing gear shifts. It doesn't matter whether I use my wheel (Logitech DFGT or keyboard) I have the same version of Win7 as on the laptop, the same copy of the game with the same installation of the car pack. It doesn't matter whether I use saves from the laptop or start a clean reinstall.

Any hints? Anyone? Raci? gundamzerow?