We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Right hand drive (yet again)

rhlee

Hi all,

I'd like to find out a bit more about test drive unlimited and modding before I get a new machine to run it.

I've seen around that there are many modding tools around. Are there models for cars that are RHD or can this be easily modded? I've also seen you can get camera mods; can you instead mod the camera so that it on the right passenger seat? I don't care about seeing the driving controls, just as long as I see the windshield pillars will be enough for me.

(I live in the UK).

I could on find a few threads on this, I thought that there would be more seeing th number of St George's and Union Jacks around here.

I get the feeling that there is no mod for the cars to drive on the left. That and the road markings and traffic signals would be the wrong way round. However there is the no traffic mod for for 1.66A. Would this interfere with other mods? Would mod work with the latest version of TDU, e.g. if I ordered on from play.com. Also, will cops chase me if I drive on the wrong side of the road, but within the speed limits?

Also if anyone out there knows of RHD driving games which use the logitech g25 and have decent clutch simulation and features town driving (traffic a bonus), let me know.

Cheers in advance,

Rich

Cheers for the replies Sponge and ShyGuy.

But when you say you dont' think there be a stick shifter for RHD cars, do you mean that all the RHD cars in TDU are automatic transmission?

Thanks again,

Richard

There could be, but then the Driver would shift with his right arm(as if driving a LHD car) which would make a weird looking animation, so to avoid that we would have to use Paddle Shifter's or Automatics.

Couple of problems with that..

1. People would shift wrong, arms would cross over

2. Camera's would be screwed

3. *Possibly* Seat belt would stretch across to the right side

4. If the player gets pulled over the camera would still be in the same position, same goes for cut scenes when shutting the car door, it would just looks strange.

----------------

Thats the reasons i can only think of. :)

Thanks again everyone,

Oh right, so it can be done, but it just looks wierd. Doesn't bother me to be honest. I'm more interested in the driving than the in-game experience.

The reason why I'm so interested about RHD is so that when I got back to the real road, I don't drive on the wrong side again as my dad coming back from Spain.

Cheers all