We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Suzuki GSXR 1000 2009 [Released]

rollingtheboy

• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice job!!!

This may have already been answered but, is there going to be a version with the aftermarket exhaust???

Yes

btw, DC, do you do 3d modelling as a profession or just a hobby? cuz u appear to be damn good at it! :)

Thank you! It's just a hobby :) I work for a mortgage company by day. :eek:

Dang DC, that looks insane!

Thank you!

Found some space I could free up to add more polys! Now the exhaust, black parts of the engine, brake light area, some of the steering, and soon to be headlight are super-high poly. Just ONE of the exhausts alone is almost 8000 polys.

Edit: just realized that I forgot to change the color of the LED lights... lol

No offense meant to the mod being worked on, but seriously, what was Suzuki thinking when they designed that exhaust system???

I checked the reference pics of the real bike, and that's gotta be the ugliest stock motorcycle exhaust I've ever seen.....no wonder people buy aftermarket exhausts so quickly.

It may be ugly, but I'm pretty sure the exhaust is designed for acoustic and performance purposes. ;)

Yeah, to keep things quieter and less powerful than the aftermarket systems.

I honestly think the designers of bikes around the world don't really ride them in heavy traffic, because when you're surrounded by idiot SUV drivers, louder is better.

by the time a bike makes it to production the designers plans get all but tossed out the window because of emissions regulations, laws regarding where & how big marker lights, signal lights, headlamps, etc, where they need to be...

Google an article called "your bike sucks and why..." and it'll explain a lot...

and MERRY XMAS, er, happy non-denominational holiday season everybody!

heh, I'll take 99% sooner over 100% later ;)

btw rollingtheboy, was it you who supplied the original model for this project? if so, is it from Squir? He/they make a SICK Hayabusa model too, I just couldn't be arsed to pay for it unless I could guarantee it being in TDU which I personally have no hope of accomplishing...

I'd gladly sacrifice the ZX-12 for a 'busa (with appropriately adjusted physics of course)

Just something I thought I'd throw out there since this project is going so well...

Just wanted to take a sec to throw out some huge holiday props to all the folks involved with making this project a reality, just wish I could offer more than a genuine thanks for all the time and resources you chaps have dedicated to this for the benefit of the rest of us, and big thanks also to TDUC admin for giving all this talent a place to come together. :excited: