We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Anybody preordered/buying Section 8?

The Queen

I watched the trailer for this upcoming game and I will say that i'm now hooked. It looks fantastic! It appears similar to Mass Effect but a bit different. I have preordered the game from Zavvi.co.uk as it is/was only £14.90 on there whereas everywhere else seems to have it for over £20.

Just made this topic to see who else was interested in it and/or is preordering or buying it. :nuts:

Section 8 Updated Hands On

By Luke Anderson, GameSpot UK - Posted Aug 1, 2009 9:38 am GMT

Fancy hurtling through the skies then killing an enemy from the impact? If so, then you should probably check out Section 8.

If you mixed one part Battlefield, one part Tribes, and added a healthy dollop of sci-fi, then you'd probably get something like SouthPeak's upcoming shooter Section 8. Thankfully, there's much more to this game than mimicking what's gone before, mixing powerful mech combat with lightning-fast airborne infantry. If you're a fan of team-based shooters, then Section 8 looks like it will warrant further investigation.

We were treated to a multiplayer hands-on session when SouthPeak recently dropped by with Xbox 360 code, which supports up to 32 players per match. The goal in multiplayer matches is to earn more points than the opposing team by capturing bases, scoring kills, and completing missions. You play as one of two opposing factions in the game: the 8th Army Infantry or Arm of Orion. While both teams look different, they're equally matched when it comes to weaponry. From what we know of the story, you play as a soldier in a unit known as Section 8, an elite team that drops into hostile areas through a process called "burning in." This involves dropping to the planet surface from several thousand feet, reaching terminal velocity and using your suit's thrusters to brake just before hitting the deck. If you time it too late, you become disorientated on impact and need to rest a moment before continuing. Because there's a degree of control to falling, skilled players can land on top of an enemy and score an instant kill or land on higher ground, which is ideal for sniping. You can also be killed in the process, so it's always a good idea to brake as late as possible.

Source

--------------------------------

Trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZQ00rtmX5k

There's also the official website - http://www.joinsection8.com - and once again, the American's are getting this game first. :rolleyes:

eech. If I weren't saving money, I'd most probably pre-order it. The trailer looks as though it's a well thought out game with a story behind it. Although, it may get a little repetitive at times (Brief on mission - Get in craft - bail out of craft at mach 3 - land on the ground without a parachute - kill hostiles - mission accomplished) :p

Unless the trailer is just a CGI render (not meant in a punny way - seeing as it's a video game lol...) I'm not sure the graphics will be THAT good.

Ooh, looks cool. What sort of game is it? FPS? If it isn't then I don't think I'll bother. My dad might be interested though, he played Mass Effect all the way through

Yeah I think it's a FPS, not completely sure. :)

Edit : Yes it is definitly a First Person Shooter. ;)