We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Released: Clone Wars Racepack (updated)

Carda

That'll be a catching name for the upcoming racepack. Messing with the files got me a new interesting result:

Race against bots who will clone the car you take to the race. Bring a Chevy SSR and they'll drive it as well. Bring a Volkswagen and the bots will bring theirs too.

Interesting fact about this is that you will be racing against bots with the same horsepower / brakepower and vehicle style of driving.

Selectable for the player against cloned bots in first release

*) Bring any vehicle you like, they''ll clone it

*) Amount of bots (7 , 5 or 3)

*) Amount of Traffic (None, Low, Medium or High)

*) 20.000 Gold for the win

Updated version now also with:

Drive these races against non cloned bots and select

*) Amount of bots (6 or 3)

*) Amount of traffic (none, medium)

*) Category of the bots selectable by you (F/E/D/C/B/A)

*) No vehicle restriction on the player

*) 20.000 Gold for the win

Ofcourse the update also contains the cloned bots as an option.

Download the update here:

http://www.filefront.com/15328711/TDU-Races%20Pack%207%20%28updated%29.zip

-----------------------------------------------------------

Here you see me in 8th position against 7 bots who also took the Saturn Sky (they all cloned my vehicle)

2749267.jpg

Next step is to make it into a nice template so it can be edited for upcoming races.... won't be easy again.

Greetz,

Carda

----------------------------------------------------------

Just checked if there was any class or brand restriction on the clone job but it doesn't look like it. My favourite Maserati got cloned as easy as 1-2-3 :thumbsup:

2749366.jpg

----------------------------------------------------------

Just finished the template and created my first race with these new settings. Let's hope this works with my own custom created track *fingers crossed again*

2749565.jpg

2749878.jpg

tested with a Nissan 350Z NISMO

No problems to report. Template is ready to work with. :cool:

--------------------------------------------------------------

2nd Race

2749834.jpg

2749843.jpg

tested with a Ford Mustang

---------------------------------------------------------------

3rd Race

Thinking about combining an eliminator race with the cloning of bots..... but i'm afraid it's too hard to mod em both into a template. I'm gonna try anyways for this 3rd race in this pack.

Eliminator race + cloning works with 5 bots now. Trying to increase to 7 bots and see if the laps increase from 5 to 7.

2751107.jpg

2750000.jpg

Brought my VW Golf with me. Resulting in 7 VW Golf bots waiting to be eliminated.

Race #4

2751222.jpg

Race #5

2752313.jpg

Race #6

2752305.jpg

Race #7 Eliminator Race

2752517.jpg

Race #8

2752696.jpg

Final Race:

2752718.jpg

How and where to find the races when they are installed:

There are 3 ways to accomplish this. The 2 easy ways are with use of the bookmarks function of TDU.

Very easy way to start a race: Open the game map in single player and go to he 'Bookmarks' tab. Then you'll see the 9 races shine in and southeast of Honolulu. On the right part of the map screen you get the race title and a little picture of the racemap.

2743701.jpg

Go to the game map and select Bookmarks. That's one way to select a race

Another way to start a race is by hitting the 'P' key. Then select Bookmarks and List. You'll see the race titles sorted.

listx6df.jpg

Hit the 'P' and select bookmarks, then LIST.

Find where to start the races the hard way (but without use of bookmarks):

If you don't want to use the bookmark function because you want to keep your own bookmarks all the time and not willing to make a backup of them, you can also enter the races from the game map in 'show challenges' mode. In the .JPG included in the pack you can find the 9 racemaps too and in their lower-left corner you can always find the location on the normal game map where to start the race you like. Note: I can't give my races their own names on the standard gamemap. So most of 'm are called 'a challenge between friends' but the distance and rest are correct.

race1028qt.jpg

-----------------------------------------------------------

Tested the package through and through and well..... it's more fun racing against bots who have more Horsepower then the players car. Like competing against class E or D bots with a Nissan 350Z NISMO. Racing against the same cars might prove too easy :eek2: (enabling more traffic compensates this a bit)... I'm going to work to add the option to select the category of bots too on these races.

Download the update here to also have the option to pick the category of bots to race against:

http://www.filefront.com/15328711/TDU-Races%20Pack%207%20%28updated%29.zip