We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Need some help here!

Robban93

Got my self a Asus G71Gx, yesterday and it's awesome:p

just one problem!

i found out that it get's realy hot when im playing "heavy games" like Crysis. And after a short time, my computer slow's down to 1FPS:oook: this is because of a cooling problem, and it is meant to cool down the lap top for just a secound.

iv'e found out that this can be fixed if i update my bios to the lastest verson, and that makes it be "cooler" when playing games.

My question is: HOW do i update my Bios? i already have the bios update downloaded, but i dont know how to install it:o

i realy don't want to mess up things so, i realy appreciate all help i can get from you guys!!

Thanks!:)

It depends what motherboard you've got..

Sometimes you can update it through the actual program, but sometimes you need to update it manually through the BIOS.

Never ever update the BIOS with software through an operating system. If it is interrupted, and Windows will always do that, you will break it and you won't be able to fix it yourself.

Always update via the BIOS screen. Usually you can get into the BIOS by pressing F2 or Del as the computer boots up.

If it's a modern computer, just put the downloaded file onto a memory stick with nothing else on it and look through the menu's in the BIOS till you find the flashing page. Asus usually label it as "EZ Flash". Follow the instructions and it will be sorted.

But if you don't feel confident about flashing the BIOS, don' do it because you can cause damage to the computer making it unusable.

Oh, and your signature is too big.