We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Sound volume adjustement that turns a working sample to a non working one.

Doctor G.

Hi,

I have this trouble sometimes : I have a sound mod working and I need to adjust the sound level of a sample. So I use the compressor or the volume adjuster etc. on this sample and re-import it in the bnk. After reloading the sound mod, it doesn't work anymore (no engine sound). Is that normal? How can I fix that?

Thanks for help.

I'm sorry I never used GoldWave. To change samples volume I use Audacity and than Wavepad to cut the silent part which Audacity makes automaticly at the end of each sample and it works fine.

Anyway I'm kinda guessing what the problem is. Make sure that after you modifiy the volume, the program saves it as .wav Microsoft ADPCM 4bit 44100 khz Mono.

If it's not this than I really have no idea. :D

• 2 months later...

Ok, so in fact it's not the volume adjustment that seems to be the cause but rather a bug in TDU Modding Tools. Sometimes I import a sample in the bnk and the engine sound goes mute with no reason, like if the bnk was corrupted (and when I try to play the sample in VLC or anything directly from the bnk by double-clicking on it, it is muted as well) .

The solution is to re-import the exact same samples or the whole bnk with a backup, and then it works again.

Like I say in my previous post, this has nothing to do with the sound volume (that you cannot set too loud anyway, because you may get too much gain and take the risk to not hear the secondary sounds enough, like horn, other cars etc.), it must be adjusted with precision. The problem seems rather to be a bug in TDU modding tools.

I don't know why you talk about the sound format either, if I really needed to know this, then I wouldn't have released a single sound mod yet (plus Urban said exactly the same thing in his post). Thanks trying to help anyway mate.

Like I say in my previous post, this has nothing to do with the sound volume (that you cannot set too loud anyway, because you may get too much gain and take the risk to not hear the secondary sounds enough, like horn, other cars etc.), it must be adjusted with precision. The problem seems rather to be a bug in TDU modding tools.

I don't know why you talk about the sound format either, if I really needed to know this, then I wouldn't have released a single sound mod yet (plus Urban said exactly the same thing in his post). Thanks trying to help anyway mate.

sorry haha , I miss understood that