We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Xbox 360 Slim?

Camel

Could these be the first concrete evidence of an Xbox 360 'Slim' model?

While Sony has made it standard practice to release a slimmer, lighter version of its PlayStation console in each of its three generations, Microsoft could be on the brink of its first.

Through various motherboard revisions, Microsoft has kept the form factor of the Xbox 360 nearly constant. Kotaku reports that supposedly leaked shots of a revised Xbox 360 motherboard have appeared on a Chinese forum and now point to what is potentially the first sign of an Xbox 360 'Slim'.

xbox-360-slim,H-Z-241703-13.jpg

Most telling is what appears to be the integration of both the ATI-designed GPU and IBM-designed PowerPC CPU now in a single chip. Such a move would not only allow for a smaller footprint, but it would also drive up profits for the platform holder and also allow for price cuts to the consumer.

cpu-gpu-xbox-360-valhalla,G-C-241644-13.jpg

Perhaps coincidentally (or not), Microsoft has just posted a job listing looking for a Motherboard Design Engineer to work on the Xbox 360 team.

Source

I saw this on Kotaku earlier. It's interesting, I wouldn't rush out and buy it but if my 360 died I'd definitely opt for it. Just so long as it was a reasonable price and used my existing HDD and... guess I'll be passing on this then.