We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Help with wheel/tire size on the Saleen Mustang/Shelby GT500

Revan174

Hello, everyone on TDU-c, I have a weird problem involving the size of the Shelby GT500 rims that go along with Tool831's 2010 Shelby GT500 mod.

For realism, I bodyswapped this car onto the Saleen S281 Extreme Coupe, and the body itself was fine.

But the rims have a problem. They are smaller than the tires and are sort of "floating" in the middle of the tire.

Here is a picture so you can see what I mean:

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4064/4448258319_793e4ff066_o.jpg

As you can see (with the aid of the smoke at the back tires to enhance the problem), it's floating. :(

So is there a way to either increase the size of the wheels or decrease the inside part of the tires (without making the whole size of the tire smaller) so that the rims don't float?

Or doing a "tire swap", since this problem doesn't occur on the Ford Mustang GT Coupe and you could technically "swap" the tire size?

Thank you, and good luck possibly finding a solution to this.

-Revan174

[mod edit:] Please do not post images larger than 350KB, use a thumbnail or a text link instead, thanks!

-- OLD IMAGE REMOVED (imageshack) --

0. Open TDUPE

1. Find car

2. Load it

3. Press Miscellaneous tab

*. In the Default Rims dropdown menu, find the car that is supposed to be replaced (or Ford Mustang GT Coupe if it's working for you), choose that, then Save car, then Save all changes, and try it out.. ;)

At least that is how it worked for me.. ;)

Ok, well I have TDUPE open and I found this thing about changing the "Tire Type" (you can see it in the picture in your post), does that have any effect on size?

And now I'm trying to save, but I have an error, an "unhandled exception" :S

It says:

************** Exception Text **************

System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Index must be within the bounds of the List.

Parameter name: index

at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentOutOfRangeException(ExceptionArgument argument, ExceptionResource resource)

at System.Collections.ObjectModel.Collection`1.Insert(Int32 index, T item)

at TDUModdingLibrary.fileformats.database.DBResource.InsertEntry(Entry entryToAdd)

at TDUeditor.Form1.updateName(String value, Int32 dataId)

at TDUeditor.Form1.saveCar(String dataLine)

at TDUeditor.Form1.saveCarButton_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)

at ComponentFactory.Krypton.Toolkit.KryptonButton.OnClick(EventArgs e)

at ComponentFactory.Krypton.Toolkit.KryptonButton.b(Object A_0, MouseEventArgs A_1)

at ComponentFactory.Krypton.Toolkit.ButtonController.OnClick(MouseEventArgs e)

at ComponentFactory.Krypton.Toolkit.ButtonController.MouseUp(Control c, Point pt, MouseButtons button)

at ComponentFactory.Krypton.Toolkit.ViewBase.MouseUp(Point pt, MouseButtons button)

at ComponentFactory.Krypton.Toolkit.ViewBase.MouseUp(Point pt, MouseButtons button)

at ComponentFactory.Krypton.Toolkit.ViewManager.MouseUp(MouseEventArgs e, Point rawPt)

at ComponentFactory.Krypton.Toolkit.VisualControlBase.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)

at ComponentFactory.Krypton.Toolkit.VisualControlBase.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

And it won't let me save the car, help!