We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Who's disappointed in Nintendo ?

Methoddan

I love nintendo.

my first console was a gameboy when I was a kid.

Then I helped my parents out with lots of jobs around the house and garden and earnt myself a gameboy colour.

Later on when I was about 11/12 I saved up for the gameboy advance.

I loved them all. Some poeple say you 'waste' hours on these things but if those hours were fun and made you happy that's not wasted time in my eyes.

More recently I've been collecting all sorts of games an consoles (now over 20 consoles and over 650 games lol) ; and for the nintendo side, the NES, SNES, N64 and Gamecube are all amazing. No wonder they're such a big name. The gamecube has the most comfortable controller of any console.

Then came the wii. and the DS. And with it, nintendo's loss of some hardcore fans. Come on, it's all aimed at kids and , apparently, grown-ups if they're watching the adverts that tell them they need it. Games aren't games but useless compilations of mini-games. What happened to real games ? Proper, good long games with story lines ? Not all these kiddy-ish mini-games (with terribly bad graphics for this day and age)

Unless nintendo's going to go back to what they were, I'm sticking with the PC.

Old games are still cool :) I'm often playing on the old nintendos...

Dan

• 2 weeks later...

Nintendo, I'm not angry at you, just disappointed :p

I agree that nintendo is waving a great big middle finger at its hardcore fans, however, what they've one is great. despite the fact they've screwed the hardcore over, they've rescued themselves from almost certain death. after all, the gamecube sold next to none compared to the PS2 and the xbox. going into direct competition with them again this gen would've spelt the end. they have to make money, and lord knows they've done that with the wii and the DS.

I love my SNES, i've had it since i was 3. I've still got it and it still works perfectly.

Try unpacking a Wii in 18 years time and try getting that to work.

They don't make consoles like they used to, none of the manufacturers do.

Lets hope they can bring the good fans back to the good old Nintendo soon :)