We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Strange crash problem

Methoddan

Before all else this problem is solved.

Just in case anybody else has this maybe this might help... I'm using vista if that's relevant.

I loved playing this game. Installed it on my laptop, with the magepack, played fine.

One day it started crashing, out of the blue. I only play single-player mode, yet whenever I entered a race, or pressed the map, I would get a "server connection was lost" type message, and the game would just exit to windows.

I looked all over google, tried various things, uninstalled all, reinstalled, tried a different savegame all to the same effect.

So I just gave up and played something else.

That was a few months ago. I tried again today. Same problem. Another fruitless google search. Then I try again, and all of a sudden - despite not doing it the last 30 times I'd tried, windows firewall asks me if I want to unblock the connection for TDU and ... it all works perfectly as it did before.

That's a very strange, random solution to a problem and I have no idea what initially caused it or why it didn't let me fix it sooner... sure lost out on some game time there, I'd forgotten half the cars I had :)

Dan