We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

TDU Killing GTS 250 drivers

MephistoRacing

For the last 2 weeks or so every time I play TDU it kills my drivers. I get the whole "Video drivers have failed but have now recovered" thing... they don't recover, I have to restart every time...

Usually it's within 5 minutes of driving, sometimes instantly...

reverting to old drivers did nothing, restoring all the settings in nVidia control panel did... Nothing.

Any ideas? I didn't buy a game to only be able to play it for 2 weeks...

Vista / Win7 is very notorious for drivers failing.

I once had a GTS250, but I didn't get the display driver fault. The only thing I had (and still do with the GTX 275 XXX) is all SimBin games (GTR:Evo, Volvo race game etc.)

I'd suggest updating the drivers to the very latest, and if that doesn't work, lower your graphics settings.

i do recall having a similar problem like this last summer after buying my computer new and it came with a GTS 250 512mb, i never came across a solution and reformatted shortly after due to an unrelated thing.

i now have a GTX 260 896mb and after recently installing TDU for this first time since last summer, i dont seem to run into any problems like this.

I think I figured it out.

A few weeks ago when I put new thermal paste on my card, my brother in law put the heatsink/fan back on for me and broke a pin, since then it's been running 20 degrees hotter...

It seems that when the card overheats, it murders the drivers for some reason...

Anywho, I lent a friend some cash, when I get it back from him I'm gonna pick up an Arctic Cooling Accelero Twin Turbo PRO

http://www.arctic-cooling.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=2_&mID=379

I'll let you guys know if that fixes it or not >_>

• 2 weeks later...