We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

G25 or a G27

Psyhoman

So excuse me if this is not the right place but I've searched few boards but I think this is the closest one for what I need to know.

So I currently have an G25 and it has it's pros & cons. But I was wondering if the G27 is worth the extra money for what it can give ( which I think was a better control on the wheel, improved Gearbox (?), some LED which show the current RPM so you know when to shift correctly ( not that you can't hear, but still it's a plus right? ) and improved pedals.). I've read also that the G27 didn't had Sequential gear shifting but I am not so sure if this is a huge minus? I can sell my G25 for some good cash to a friend and I will have to pay only like 200$ more for the G27. So please tell me what is a good decision to make, stay with G25 or upgrade do G27?

;302810']Stay with the G25. If you're going to get a new wheel (that's a low price), go with this:

http://www.virtualr.net/fanatec-porsche-911-carrera-production-starting-soon/

The most bang-for-the-buck of any wheel. Take a look at the specs. :) Also, SimRacingTonight does a great review of it. The review's here:

-Leadfoot

I have a Fanatec Porsche 911 GT3 RS Wheel with Clubsport Pedals.

It's a fantastic Wheel and the Pedals are like a Dream.

I used a G25 before, and it was also nice.

The G27 Wheel and Shifter are little bit better as the G25, but the Force Feedback works not in TDU. Pity. I love TDU.

For a lower Budget are the DFP and the MOMO Wheel very nice.

My Rating for all the Wheels i have tested in TDU:

1. Fanatec Porsche 911 GT3 RS Wheel -Clubsport Edition-

2. Logitech G25

3. Logitech Driving Force Pro

4. Logitech MOMO Racing Force Feedback Wheel

5. Logitech G27

General Gaming:

2. Logitech G27

3. Logitech G25

4. Logitech Driving Force Pro

5. Logitech MOMO Racing Force Feedback Wheel

was thinking of getting a g25 recently, but couldnt find any new, so i went with the g27 for $265 on amazon, now the hard part is waiting for it to arrive on tuesday...

Im also trying to find a G25 and have to keep checking ebay :(

I have a Fanatec Porsche 911 GT3 RS Wheel with Clubsport Pedals.

It's a fantastic Wheel and the Pedals are like a Dream.

I used a G25 before, and it was also nice.

The G27 Wheel and Shifter are little bit better as the G25, but the Force Feedback works not in TDU. Pity. I love TDU.

For a lower Budget are the DFP and the MOMO Wheel very nice.

My Rating for all the Wheels i have tested in TDU:

2. Logitech G25

3. Logitech Driving Force Pro

4. Logitech MOMO Racing Force Feedback Wheel

5. Logitech G27

General Gaming:

2. Logitech G27

3. Logitech G25

4. Logitech Driving Force Pro

5. Logitech MOMO Racing Force Feedback Wheel

Ah, I was looking at the GT3 RS/Clubsport pedal combo a while back, and almost bought it. Wasn't sure about reliability etc., and then had other priorities with my hard-earned - erm, given to me by relatives over a long period of time - $400.

Certainly looks nice, though. :)

Oh, and am I right in saying that Fanatec "Clubsport" stuff can be hooked up with all other Fanatec stuff (IE, the Clubsport pedals could be connected to the Carrera S wheel?)

-Leadfoot

• 4 months later...