We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Real-Time-Racing to end Beta after Summer

Ryzza5

Dear RTR Fan,

RTR beta ends after the summer, but the real action is starting now!

After a few months of intense beta testing and further developing the Real-Time Racing game and the iOpener Enabled feature we will close down the beta period after the summer!

But before we do we want to give everybody who registered with us the possibility to test and enjoy the product themselves.

The coming months we have some major racing events lined up where you can participate and race live against top class race drivers on the circuit of Zolder.

On Thursday May 6th 2010 from 14:20 to 15:00 GMT we kick-off our new series of iOpener Enabled events starting with the introduction of iOpener Enabled WTCC cars!

We are proud to give our existing testers the possibility to already climb on board of an iOpener Enabled SEAT Leon 2.0 TDI and challenge Belgiums new FIA World Touring Car Championship entry Pierre-Yves Corthals in a live event during the Clean Week of Zolder. Corthals will drive for this special occasion his laps in an innovative green technology powered Seat Leon Ecomotive.

Prior to the live event he will give the testers a personal instruction about the race car and the track and will help you to become a better racer! This should lead to the ultimate goal in your becoming the virtual lap record holder for touring cars!

If you can’t get enough and want to re-experience the event again, you will be able to race the stored data of this event as many times as you like.

Besides the RTR and Clean Week cars you can also select the brand new WTCC liveries of Tom Coronel and Pierre-Yves Corthals their Seat Leon 2.0 TDI in the game.

Enjoy this exclusive opportunity and be prepared when the real touring car action starts in few weeks time on Circuit Zolder!

Your beta key will be sent to you shortly!

After the Clean Week we will send out new beta keys to everybody who pre-registered with RTR the last months. You will get your key in the weeks after the event so you will be right on time to participate for the great series of events that will be ahead of you this summer.

We will see you all very very soon!

FIA GT1 World Championship

Recently the inaugural season of the FIA GT1 World Championship started on the Yas Marina circuit of Abu Dhabi. We were present as a delegation of the iOpener management had some fantastic meetings with the series promoter SRO and the El Badi family from the United Arab Emirates. Click here to read more.

Clean Week 2020

This year Circuit Zolder launches a new concept: Clean Week 2020, its first fully fledged CO2-neutral mobility event. On the 7th May 2009 the countdown takes off for the first Clean Week 2020 … in 2010 (from 5th through to 9th May). Click here to know more.

The RTR Crew

Are you a part of the closed beta process? Did you play the game much? What did you think?

I got in once or twice with only a couple of iO-Enabled Mini Coopers on track, who weren't racing at the time, and besides that it seems exactly like every other Race 07 - based game/addon (same graphics and physics, just a different menu skin and music basically).

It's noble of them to play with this concept, but it doesn't really seem to work too well. You're just racing a ghost car basically.

I applied for the beta but didn't get chosen, they just kept emailing me about things that I couldn't actually do. :evil:

It's a good concept and if they do get it right, it should be a fun game, racing against real people from the comfort of your living room. I also remember reading somewhere that they will offer a download option for old races and what not.

But I take it there isn't any collision detection then? It would be fun but hard to implement as you'd just bounce off and they wouldn't move.

• 2 weeks later...