We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Cannot connect to TDU servers? Help please

Kel1981

Hi all, this is my first post. I bought and downloaded TDU yesterday from gamesplanet.com and I have yet to be able to get online with it, it's driving me insane.

I have made more gamespy accounts which has been suggested around the internet, my connection is fine, it's 100% legal, the key works fine (they email it to you) but it always fails to connect. A couple of times the game crashed and it said something about a digital something or another.

I just spent 14.99 and feel pretty annoyed, I only bought the game to see if I would like the upcoming sequel.

Any ideas??

Have you installed patch v1.66a?
Yes mate, I even re-downloaded the game, installed, restarted laptop, installed the patch V1.66A, restarted lappy again and still no luck :( I keep trying to reconnect and it's now crashing, the error report refers to 'Digital Product ID" Is this the 12 digit key? It never asked for it on the re-install.

P.S. Thanks for the reply

you can delete the cd-key then it will ask for a new serial i really don't know if it helps you're problem! and have you installed 1,66a correctly:

Reboot,uninstall game if you have problems with it, reinstall,reboot,install patch,reboot and see if it works then!

Maybe it's worth a try

Does your laptop meet the specs required for the game? What graphics chip does it have?
Nvidia GeForce 7800 GTX. Seems to do the job no problem, it's a Dell XPS M170.

you can delete the cd-key then it will ask for a new serial i really don't know if it helps you're problem! and have you installed 1,66a correctly:

Reboot,uninstall game if you have problems with it, reinstall,reboot,install patch,reboot and see if it works then!

Maybe it's worth a try

Hi where can I locate the CD key please?

TDU doesn't officialy support laptop versions of graphics cards (they're not the same), so we can only be of limited help.

Your game key is printed on one of the first pages of the users manual. The separate key for the magapack DLC (if you get it) is emailed to you after you buy it.

If you have not purchased TDU legally, we can be of no help to you at all.

TDU doesn't officialy support laptop versions of graphics cards (they're not the same), so we can only be of limited help.

Your game key is printed on one of the first pages of the users manual. The separate key for the magapack DLC (if you get it) is emailed to you after you buy it.

If you have not purchased TDU legally, we can be of no help to you at all.

I forked out 15 quid for it, I stated that already.

Try running the game in Administrator mode. works for me:)

(in case you don't know how: right click on Lunch TDU icon, and select Run as Administrator)

Edit: if the game crash before the intro, then you may should try a couple of more times;)

Thanks a MILLION, now it seems to work fine, it still has trouble connecting to the server and (multiplayer) cars jerk all over the place but hey, can't moan.Thanks again!

Other lurkers tend to read threads like this, which is why we add the little disclaimer. Glad you got it sorted.
No problem mate! Thanks for the suggestions and help everyone I'll stick around here as I'm hugely interested in the sequel:thumbsup: