We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

tire question

xThatWildRabbitx

There's a Boss 302 Mustang mod that has the original Polyglass tires on it, the modder did it by making the polyglass tires bigger than the TDU tires which are still present, but hidden inside.

He made the rim model include the tire with it, normally it's just the rim.

oh so you cant change the actual tire?...

cause i have a wheel and tire combo that i wanna use and i dont wanna mess up and it look like crap =/

here is a picture of the 3d model im gonna be using

http://i945.photobucket.com/albums/ad292/DM_Rabbit/Real_or_Fake_S153.png

[mod edit:] Please do not post images larger than 350KB, use a thumbnail or a text link instead, thanks!

You can do what you want to do, but you just have to make your rim+tire combo slightly bigger than the TDU tire.

That means the TDU tire will be hidden INSIDE of your rim+tire combo, you can't get rid of it entirely unless you seriously bug things up, I have seen that done on an old Plymouth Cuda mod, but again, it was just a bug in the mod, not deliberate.

That's the only way you're going to be able to do the "drift rubber" style tire mounting.