We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Giant hole in the island

Not a problem for me exactly, but my brother plays on a Vista system and in the SW area of the map if you drive into a certain zone you fall through the ground and you have to restart the game. Wouldnt be too much of a problem except races run through that area and so cant get them finished (Tour of the Island, 8 Drivers Make a Record).

Anyone else encountered this, or know how to fix it? Have tried reinstalling, have the latest patch etc.

I've never had this problem. I have Vista and I have not come across this problem before. It's nothing much to do with your computer but with the CD/installation by the sounds of things.

When I first saw it I thought it must have been the installation, but reinstalled and it was fine. Wasnt on my computer, so tested if it was the disk a while back, but it was fine on my laptop (running XP Professional), so have no idea what is wrong with it.:confused:

There are a few areas offroad that were never complete, drive into them and you will fall endlessly. There's also the 'pit of doom', where you can fall through one of the houses to the North West:

20080101214748.jpg

20080101215028.jpg

Apparently there is another giant whole somewhere near Sacred Falls - but I've not come accross that one before.

I've never found them, have heard about them though.

This one is on the road in the SW of the island (furthest down place where the highway meets a load of roads), and isnt there on my laptop. Its kind of a zone you go into and then you cant get out. You go past a certain point, and then if you go in any direction you run into it. Meant I had to help out my brother and do the Shelby Concept delivery by dricing all the way up the middle of the island and round the top:lol: