We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Nobody on Server?

CaptSlow

Hello all! I recently got into TDU as I await the release of TDU2. I got onto "multiplayer" last night but I didn't see anyone driving around or anything. Is it just really slow on the server, do people still play this game? ...or is this a problem with me?

I downloaded from Direct2Drive, entered my validation code, entered the game, entered my multiplayer key and Gamespy id, and then it prompted me to update. I think I updated to 1.66a? Not sure, is there a newer update than this in order to play multiplayer? Thanks in advance.

EDIT: I don't think I have the megapack, I only have what I downloaded from Direct2Drive.

you have to do some race's first. then they'll all appear on the map;)

I completed a couple races, have a car and house. How many races? After a race a message said that I can now use multiplayer or something like that, still see nobody. I'm at work until tonight, but I can try some more races and see if anybody pops up. :-]

If you can't see any players in map view (the red car icons) just wait awhile and they will show up eventually. Sometimes I have to wait for a full minute before anything happens. In the 3D view sometimes it can take 10 minutes before some one shows up. It could be a slow connection or something. If you have waited longer than that, then something is really wrong.