We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Requests from Forza 3's full car list.

Kurgan777

I understand one thing, modding seems to be a fantastic world.

But when i see what you're all able to release, i see well i won't do anything correct (i have no time, children to check, not enough knowledge,...). :sulk:

So i won't drive this mythic car in Tdu ??

Mhm, with a bit of chance, i dream a pretty modder will give a few time (hours, i think) to all fans of the legendary Lotus Omega ;)

Maybe we should mention, that the prozess from rhd to lhd isn't a 5 seconds job. Ofcourse after a few clicks & seconds, you have mirrored the model in Zmod2. (attachment) BUT, for my taste, a mirrored rhd isn't a proper lhd car.

There are lots of things, that can't be mirrored. Speedo / steering column / switches for turnsignals/light/ventilation/radiator / radio / .... and so on ... these things have to moved and partially detached & edited, to fit into the mirrored dashboard.

The texture must be edited. For example: mp/h <--> km/h

It's not a hard job, but don't let the impression created, that it would be a matter of 2 minutes.

Best regards,

fan of the legendary Lotus Omega :)

It's a ton easier to do in 3DSMax, but there's no proper import/export support for 3DS.

In 3DSMax, I can work in realtime in the 3D space itself and that saves a HUGE amount of time, that's something that can't be done in ZModeler. Plus there's a mirroring tool that can mirror any piece or part selected in two clicks, that includes all the "dummy" nodes, including those that govern the gauges.

ZModeler is such an inferior program when it comes to overall abilities and ease of use. I really hope that TDU-2 modding isn't limited to just ZModeler, doing that kills a ton of potential modelers coming into the scene because it limits the mods to quick conversions from other games taking up 99% of the releases with the remaining 1% being the few diehard scratch modelers willing to put up with ZModelers limitations.

• 6 months later...

I'm bumping this back up to avoid making another topic.

I edited the first post to remove some cars that have been done, I added some cars not previously in the list, and I left in some cars that have been recently done, but need to be redone (or fixed) for various reasons.