We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

fraps settings

cobraz

It depends on a few things - what FPS you currently get in game (how good your GFX card is and what resolution you play at). It also depends on how much HDD space you have (a few minutes of 1080p video could easily be 50GB or more), and how quickly Fraps can write to that HDD (ideally you want to record to a HDD where Windows and the game you're playing is not installed).

I have a nVidia GTX 480 and play at 1920x1080. I set Fraps to record at 40FPS and at half my resolution, for output of 960x540. I then use Sony Vegas Pro 8.0b as my video editor, and output the finished product at the same resolution and aspect ratio at 4mbps MP4, as this tends to work best when uploading to YouTube.

My YouTube channel is here and I share another channel with Leadfoot here.

well i have nVidia geforce 9800 gt and play at 1920x1080. i have a 465GB hard drive but only 250GB space free.i play with the graphics topped maximum.

so what would you suggest for that ??

is there a way i can shrink the files when im done recording too. like i know compressing works but what program would you recommend

also i want to record sound to but when i do and play it back its like sounds like its under water kinda. do you know why??

I would set Fraps to record at Half and at 25 or 30 FPS.

Once you've finished recording you can use any video eiting or conversion software to reduce the filesize.

There aren't many audio settings in Fraps. You could try updating your audio drivers by going to the website for the maker of your sound card or motherbaord (if you have onboard audio).

That is pretty weird

A couple of things you could try:

In the TDU Options - disable the voice chat in the various submenu's (i.e. disable your ability to talk to others, and to hear what others are saying). Should be in the Online and Audio menus I think.

Update your audio drivers as previously mentioned

Make sure you have the latest version of Fraps

In Windows, play around with the audio settings, (i.e. Stereo v 5.1, quality settings, etc)