We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

My Malibu

bullitggt

• 5 months later...

So I havn't been on in a while since alots happend. My mustang had to be sold since I lost my job and couldn't pay for it. But my malibu is still with me since its half my parents car. I've been doing some work on it, such as a cold air intake, better Led ambient lighting, Preimum pioneer speakers, and some new tires.

Heres a quick comparaison in sound of my Cold Air Intake vs stock air box thing lol:

Stock 0-60 (just me in the car)

Cold Air Intake 0-80 (Me and a friend in the car, you can hear them get scared at the end lol XD)

Heres a fly-by video with the Cold Air Inake, It sounds incredible.

And Finally heres a video on my new LED's, that are a lot brighter and look a lot better too!

[mod edit:] Please embed a maximum of two videos, thanks!

YouTube vids go in [TUBE*] tags (no asterisk). You put this section in the tags: IHuGIRrwG-Q So, [TUBE*]IHuGIRrwG-Q[/TUBE*] (no asterisk). :)

Is this intake sound noticeable inside? It certainly sounds better from the exterior. I've been thinking about getting one for the car I drive (though it's not mine, so I'm not sure I want to spend money on it).

-Leadfoot

;409112']YouTube vids go in [TUBE*] tags (no asterisk). You put this section in the tags: IHuGIRrwG-Q So' date=' [TUBE*']IHuGIRrwG-Q[/TUBE*] (no asterisk). :)

Is this intake sound noticeable inside? It certainly sounds better from the exterior. I've been thinking about getting one for the car I drive (though it's not mine, so I'm not sure I want to spend money on it).

-Leadfoot

Thanks a lot man :D

And trust me, you'll never regret it if you get one. Its the best investment I've ever made to the car period. It helps both fuel economy and hp. And its defiantly noticeable. Just listen to the difference between the stock acceleration video, compared to the CAI one. You hear it every time you drive, inside or outside.

• 4 weeks later...

Shame what happened to the Mustang :(

Oh well, you can't control what happens sometimes...

But great Malibu, you make it look (and sound) absolutely fantastic.

And PS: good choice with sticking with an American car after the 'stang :p

• 3 months later...

So now I upgraded my system a bit, got a bandpass box for a 12'' Subwoofer, and a BAMF Power acoustik 800/2 Amp paired with a 12'' CVR kicker.

Heres a small demo of it.

39344104015_medium.jpg

http://carphotos.cardomain.com/ride_images/4/738/3209/39344104013_large.jpg

39344104013_medium.jpg

http://carphotos.cardomain.com/ride_images/4/738/3209/39344104024_large.jpg

39344104024_medium.jpg

I also ended up getting Kicker 6x9's as well.

http://carphotos.cardomain.com/ride_images/4/738/3209/39344104023_large.jpg

39344104023_medium.jpg

And as far as performance goes, I ended up getting a bigger throttle body(56mm) vs. the stock 52mm. The end result, is better top end horsepower with a lot better responsiveness.

http://carphotos.cardomain.com/ride_images/4/738/3209/39344104021_large.jpg

39344104021_medium.jpg