We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Tuner series

Prophecy

Hey guys, just seeing how interested we all are in a weekly/fortnightly racing series based around street/sports spec tuner cars? When I say tuner I dont mean ricer, i mean like HKS, Amuse, etc.

Basically there will be proper practice sessions and qualifying (best lap comparisons), and sorta mid length races (like maybe 20 laps at Tsukuba, 15 at Suzuka, not too long but hopefully long enough for a pit stop).

Eligable cars would be those like... I dunno, your average sports cars of today I guess? A proper list of eligable cars can be decided later, but I did want to have seperate classes, like a proper tuner class (excuse the obviously easily confusable names...)- group a= Amuse 380RS, Mines Skyline; group b= self tuned.

I'd prefer to keep the cars as premium models though (for the sheer visual side of it, like aero and wheels).

Umm tracks would include Tsukuba, Suzuka, Fuji, Laguna Seca, Tokyo and others? I dunno, havent given that much thought lol.

Anyways all up in the air at the moment, if you want to get involved please let me know, i really want to get this going :)

Awesome :D

Btw guys, setting up a (fairly cheap and nasty, I guess...) website for the series over at webs.com, more details to be revealed when the site is more... running lol.

Just to tease you in the meantime, and to get you all thinking, I made this up quickly earlier. :D

5407442277_eff5dee48f_z.jpg

That is the car i'm planning on using, sorry if the words are a bit hard to read lol, didnt think about the fact that I wouldnt be posting a 1920x1080 res image here XD

edit: GOD DAMMIT... I spelt splitter wrong... bahah.

edit again: webs.com is frustrating, starting a new site elsewhere tomorrow or something, now its bed time... almost 4 am lol... Insomnia? I think so...

since suggestions are open i'll throw in a few....

add a class for cars with mow-medium power and low weight which are rather focused at acceleration like the Lotus Elise or caterham, or maybe with power restrictions cars like the Golf GTI RM which is slightly tuned so its light and doesnt have much power.

also i'd say make themes

for example have a classic japanese tournament in where you race on fuji or suzuka in a datsun Skyline 2000GT-R and stuff like that and the AE-86.

or a race on laguna Seca with mustangs corvettes and Vipers.

also a possibility is we do a classic vs. modern race like lets say the Dodge Challenger R/T (slightly tuned) vs. Dodge Challenger SRT8 '08 stock.

another match is the Ferrari F40 slightly tuned if necessary vs. Stock Ferrari Enzo (nicknamed Ferrari F60).

or go head to head with born rivals like the BMW M3 E92 vs. Mercedes C63 AMG

or the Impreza WRX STI vs. Lancer EVO

or a Ferrari F430 vs. Lamborghini Gallardo LP560-4

also we can do a last man standing style tournament.

before the race starts we plan the race here on TDUCentral and then we race head to head in short 2 laps races till the last man stands. and the rest of the party can watch the race and be the judges in case one of the racers cuts a corner or something.

and maybe if there will be a winner in each class have them take it on haed to head for a prize lets say a color chip or tuning parts, or maybe even a car......

these are just some ideas that i had in my head.....